Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone! I’ll try swapping tires with a buddy and see what happens, unfortunately I just got rid of My stock rubicon wheels and tires last month.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Thanks everyone! I’ll try swapping tires with a buddy and see what happens, unfortunately I just got rid of My stock rubicon wheels and tires last month.
Probably the best plan just to make certain.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Not sure if anyone else suggested adjusting your pressures? I have these on my F150 and they're inflated to 40 PSI with no issues other than they're much noisier then the BFG;s I had previously.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have STT Pro 37/12.5's and it definitely pulls to the right. I assumed it was an alignment issue due to my cheap spacer lift but now that I read this thread I'm reconsidering. It was aligned after install by the vendor and I've since rotated the tire set once - only 5800 miles on them total.

What experience have people had taking it back as a warranty claim? Seems like they would blame the vehicle right off before replacing the tires. Is there a particular approach that gets the tire shop to take the claim seriously to at least rule out faulty tires?

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I have STT Pro 37/12.5's and it definitely pulls to the right. I assumed it was an alignment issue due to my cheap spacer lift but now that I read this thread I'm reconsidering. It was aligned after install by the vendor and I've since rotated the tire set once - only 5800 miles on them total.

What experience have people had taking it back as a warranty claim? Seems like they would blame the vehicle right off before replacing the tires. Is there a particular approach that gets the tire shop to take the claim seriously to at least rule out faulty tires?
All a reputable shop would have to do is mount a couple used known good tires and mount then test drive.

Sponsored

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
I also have a pull to the right with my Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. 37x12.5x17. I have rotated my tires twice and no change.

I wonder if the electric assist steering isn't contributing to the pull a little bit as well? I will be pulling the steering stabilizer this weekend to see if it goes away. I am running the SteerSmarts HD-N Stabilizer.

-Tom

kellyc33

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Rubicon, Subaru Outback
Anyone have a pull since installing cooper STT pros? I’m running 37/12.50/17 and tried pressures from 26-36 and still has bad pull to the right, cross rotated and pull still exist. I’ve seen a few others mention they’ve had similar issues but majority seems to love them. Any thoughts or suggestions, currently at 28psi and been rebalanced 3 times (road force) TIA
I have the exact same problem with my STT Pros. I’m running at 28# and they pull right. All adjustments are factory spec, so the tires are causing the problem. There is no fix, except to change tires.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I also have a pull to the right with my Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. 37x12.5x17. I have rotated my tires twice and no change.

I wonder if the electric assist steering isn't contributing to the pull a little bit as well? I will be pulling the steering stabilizer this weekend to see if it goes away. I am running the SteerSmarts HD-N Stabilizer.

-Tom
Mickey Thompson’s are made by Cooper. Could be a factor.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Just throwing this out there, are the people complaining about the right pull used to wider MT tires? Wider tires will follow the road more. Most roads slope to the right. A wider tire will follow this curve more so than an average sized street tire.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just throwing this out there, are the people complaining about the right pull used to wider MT tires? Wider tires will follow the road more. Most roads slope to the right. A wider tire will follow this curve more so than an average sized street tire.
Yeah, I’m used to big mud tires. We’ve had at least 12 different Wranglers with all kinds of different mud tires. Mickey Thompson MTZ, Goodyear MTR, BFG KM, BFG KM2, Pats, Trail Grapplers, Super Swamper IROKs, etc. etc. Sizes from 33” to 40”. I have never experienced the pull I had with the STT Pros.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yeah, I’m used to big mud tires. We’ve had at least 12 different Wranglers with all kinds of different mud tires. Mickey Thompson MTZ, Goodyear MTR, BFG KM, BFG KM2, Pats, Trail Grapplers, Super Swamper IROKs, etc. etc. Sizes from 33” to 40”. I have never experienced the pull I had with the STT Pros.
Good to know so that theory can be eliminated. Often times, on here, it seems many of the issues are related to inexperience with solid axles, wider tires, typical jeep things.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good to know so that theory can be eliminated. Often times, on here, it seems many of the issues are related to inexperience with solid axles, wider tires, typical jeep things.
Agreed, true statement. “Why is my Jeep bouncy?”, “How come I only get 15mpg?”. Lots of peeps here didn’t know what they were buying, but wanted a Wrangler cause they are cool.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Agreed, true statement. “Why is my Jeep bouncy?”, “How come I only get 15mpg?”. Lots of peeps here didn’t know what they were buying, but wanted a Wrangler cause they are cool.
I'm surprised nobody notices these things during their test drive. Spending big bucks people think the jeep will handle like other vehicles on the road today. It handles like a 20 year old vehicle, however I like this lol.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm in same boat. My 2005 LJ had MT's and sure it didn't drive like my subaru but I never felt a consistent repeatable right pull on different roads like my current JL. Again i just assumed i tweaked the alignment on a rock wheeling or my $170 spacer lift wasn't holding up until I read this thread. Sure the pull is more pronounced on some roads than others but its definitely there all the time.

I don't feel like I noticed it until I rotated the tires - does it make any sense to have 1 tire causing the trouble?

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I’m experiencing this right pull too. I also thought it was an alignment issue after one good sized pot hole hit last summer but I’ve had it aligned at the dealership since. I’ve only had them since May last year but am considering selling them. I also find they don’t handle nearly as well in the snow as my old KO2s. I’m thinking this can solve two problems. Anything else I should be considering?
Sponsored