Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I’m experiencing this right pull too. I also thought it was an alignment issue after one good sized pot hole hit last summer but I’ve had it aligned at the dealership since. I’ve only had them since May last year but am considering selling them. I also find they don’t handle nearly as well in the snow as my old KO2s. I’m thinking this can solve two problems. Anything else I should be considering?
You’re also running STT pros?
Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
On my TJ I had this issue with the 11.5" wide ST Maxx tires and I went on a wild goose chase to try and figure out the cause of the pull. Multiple 4 wheel alignments with adjustable CAs, replacing joints/bushings, etc. I'm pretty sure the root cause was the tires becuase the pull was not present with the wider 12.5" Duratracs I had on it. Really colored my opinion on Cooper tires.

OP
OP
JMONEZ

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so to update everyone....America’s tire swapped out my Cooper STT Pros today, I was honestly sad to see them go, only because I know how well they perform and I sure love the way they look too. It was a hard choice, but I decided to go back to Nitto. I had the ridge grapplers before and loved them but wanted a MT so I got the trail grapplers this time. Even though they’re the same 37x12.50, they’re actually a bit wider at 13.4 and just a hair taller, but definitely heavier. Nice soft compound but not quite as quiet as the Coopers. The main reason for this post was the constant hard pull I had to the right with the STT pros, we’ll it’s gone now! I’ve driven 70 miles on frontage, back roads, and the hwy and no longer have to fight it, and can even let go of the wheel and track straight. The pull is gone, I still don’t understand why the STTs did that, seems only a handful of people having this issue, most are very happy with them. Anyway, I just wanted to finally report an update. Oh, bye the way America’s tire has always been phenomenal, I’ve dealt with them for many years. They always go above and beyond to be sure the customer is satisfied and that’s exactly what they did this time, like many others, they weren’t Very confident it was a tire concern, but in the end it proved to be just that. As to why though, I have no idea! Have a great weekend everyone!

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ok, so to update everyone....America’s tire swapped out my Cooper STT Pros today, I was honestly sad to see them go, only because I know how well they perform and I sure love the way they look too. It was a hard choice, but I decided to go back to Nitto. I had the ridge grapplers before and loved them but wanted a MT so I got the trail grapplers this time. Even though they’re the same 37x12.50, they’re actually a bit wider at 13.4 and just a hair taller, but definitely heavier. Nice soft compound but not quite as quiet as the Coopers. The main reason for this post was the constant hard pull I had to the right with the STT pros, we’ll it’s gone now! I’ve driven 70 miles on frontage, back roads, and the hwy and no longer have to fight it, and can even let go of the wheel and track straight. The pull is gone, I still don’t understand why the STTs did that, seems only a handful of people having this issue, most are very happy with them. Anyway, I just wanted to finally report an update. Oh, bye the way America’s tire has always been phenomenal, I’ve dealt with them for many years. They always go above and beyond to be sure the customer is satisfied and that’s exactly what they did this time, like many others, they weren’t Very confident it was a tire concern, but in the end it proved to be just that. As to why though, I have no idea! Have a great weekend everyone!
No discussion with the tire shop about a warranty replacement from Cooper?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JMONEZ

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
No discussion with the tire shop about a warranty replacement from Cooper?
Well essentially cooper bought them back. America’s tire already rotated front and rear tires side to side, pull still existed, had them re road forced balanced 3 different times, still pulled but shimmy went away, then they replaced the 2 front tires with new ones, pull actually got worse. So after reading others had experienced similar issues with these tires, and having 3 alignments done at different shops, then trying to cheat cross caster myself to correct it with no resolve, I opted to go with a different tire all together. Changing tires solved it immediately,

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I’m happy for you. The right pull with the STT Pro’s was flabbergasting. They did work well off-road, but my Jeeps spend most of their life on the street or highway, and they were unacceptable.

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well essentially cooper bought them back. America’s tire already rotated front and rear tires side to side, pull still existed, had them re road forced balanced 3 different times, still pulled but shimmy went away, then they replaced the 2 front tires with new ones, pull actually got worse. So after reading others had experienced similar issues with these tires, and having 3 alignments done at different shops, then trying to cheat cross caster myself to correct it with no resolve, I opted to go with a different tire all together. Changing tires solved it immediately,
Good info! I guess I need to take it back in and have it evaluated. If its bad tires then decide if I want to change brands like you did. Still trying to accept that a entire tire line from a major mfg would have a consistent issue like this. Defects happen but hard to believe it affects the whole tire line over multiple years.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
As was said in prior posts. This isn’t just a Cooper problem. It exists in many large, heavy mud terrain tires. I’ve had it happen in different vehicles with 4 different tire manufacturers throughout the years.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Glad you got it figured out! Congrats.

Sponsored

jasonhodges

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Application Architect
I have the STT's in 37" and have noticed significant right pull as well. I also experience wobble but at lower speeds. I believe the issue got worse after I did a 5 tire rotation. I'm getting it in to have it looked at soon so I'll report back what I find out. FWIW I run them on 17" Black Rhino wheels at average of 28PSI, very little highway, less than 20 miles per day, 2.5" puck lift, just under 5k miles on the tires

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The Trail Grappler is a great tire too. Wife has ran them on multiple Jeeps, including her current Gladiator, and never had a problem.

65F0EA44-E8B1-4B5F-A9CE-400FE8B046D1.jpeg
aren't those loud ? i had those those tires on my truck about 9 yrs ago and they were so loud

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I've run Cooper STT Pros and they did pull pretty good to the right once they had miles on em. They were also loud as hell. They actually performed a little better on slicker surfaces than the Toyo MT's I run now (probably little softer compound or the silica they tout) but the Toyo's are MUCH quieter and wear more evenly.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Man, I really want these Cooper STT Pro tires, but this pull to the right business scares me

wheels082

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2010 JKU, 1994 XJ
I have 315/70-17's on my JLU and it does not pull.
Sponsored