Cooper STT Pro’s causing pull?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You can Google Cooper SST pros right pool and there's all kinds of post about people having problems with them pulling to the right like I am I've been told it's more of a round a tire and I know when I had the middle ridge rappers my Jeep drove straight like a car when I change the Cooper SST Pro I started having this problem line at everything is spot on only way to correct it is going to adjustable ball joint and I'm not going to do that. It just sucks going down the road is 60 or 70 let go of the wheel just barely in your Jeep just takes off to the right got to just walk control arms lime is done right axle straight I don't know what to do it just gets old paying this kind of money for a Jeep almost 60,000 retail I got it for 47 but loaded and have to deal with this problem at two three shots try to fix it with alignments nobody can get it to stop tires have 400 miles on them there's nothing wrong with the tires switched them rotated them it's all about that post everyone's posting if you Google Cooper SST pros right pull and you'll see all the different post people having that problem
Sponsored

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I had a tire shop that’s familiar with Jeeps make a lot of big adjustments to the camber, caster, etc. It took them 3 tries. it cut down on the right pull but the tires seem even louder now. I suppose it could be my imagination.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have some pull while driving. But cant distinguish if its the tires, shitty steering box, high winds, or California roads haha

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I have some pull while driving. But cant distinguish if its the tires, shitty steering box, high winds, or California roads haha
All I can say is these same tires on a 156K mile worn out front end 2003 F150 dont pull in any way shape manner or form. That said they are a lot noisier than the BFG A/T KO's I had previosuly but the tire guy warned me of that before purchase.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I had a tire shop that’s familiar with Jeeps make a lot of big adjustments to the camber, caster, etc. It took them 3 tries. it cut down on the right pull but the tires seem even louder now. I suppose it could be my imagination.
I've had mine a line twice on a computer once by hand and he's really good he does alignments by hand old school way he measured everything got my axle straight but it still pulls to the right if I let go of the steering wheel it changed lanes pretty quick. I don't have an adjustable track bar I've had people say get one and then some people said when I do is not going to stop a pool it just makes the axle straighter but my axles pretty straight now I had nitro ridge grapplers and it drove straight as could be it only started when I put the coopers on.I had 37 13.50 and it pulled bad so I thought maybe it's the 13.50 we traded them out for a 12.50 still no difference. Everyone's telling me change tires to a km3 or toyo my open country and it will probably drive straight. I just really like the way the coopers look but it will cost me quite a bit of money to change out again and go to a different tire I don't know what to do I'm just tired of paying this kind of money every month for my Jeep apayments and can't drive the damn thing straight
. Buggy
All I can say is these same tires on a 156K mile worn out front end 2003 F150 dont pull in any way shape manner or form. That said they are a lot noisier than the BFG A/T KO's I had previosuly but the tire guy warned me of that before purchase.
A friend of mine has them on his Jeep gladiator but it's the Mickey Thompson version because they make the Mickey Thompson also. And they pull to the right on him I think it's the way they make the tire. Would you change yours to BFGoodrich km3 or Toyos if you have to change between the two

Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you change yours to BFGoodrich km3 or Toyos if you have to change between the two
So far I'm happy with them, the real story will be how long they last as I got 40K miles out of both sets of BFG's which is excellent being we live in the mountains, even the tire guy was surprised when I told him the miles I had on them.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So far I'm happy with them, the real story will be how long they last as I got 40K miles out of both sets of BFG's which is excellent being we live in the mountains, even the tire guy was surprised when I told him the miles I had on them.
You only got 40,000 miles on the BFGoodrich km3? The tires brand new like not even a year old you've already put 40,000 miles on one set in a year

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You only got 40,000 miles on the BFGoodrich km3? The tires brand new like not even a year old you've already put 40,000 miles on one set in a year
KO, not km3:)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yep we did that and rotated them all round. We tried everything and these sst have 400 miles on them .I thought for sure switching the front side ways would make a difference and it didn't . If you goggle cooper sst tires pulling right you will see many post about his problem with so many people having them pull to the right. discount tire has told me they have people complained about this. They and a lot of other shops i have talked to on the phone said toyos used to also pull to the right yrs ago and toyo did something to fix it because of all the complaints. And yes in the 2000s I ran nothing but 40 toyos on all of my 5 power strokes i had

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
We've had three shops do alignments on it two on the computer one by hand and it's spot-on they say.if you Google Cooper SST Pro tires pull to the right there's lots of post of people having the problem. I don't know but when I had the nitto ridge grapplers it drove straight as a car it was nice but after six months I got tired and wanted to go back to the mud tire that's all I've ever had. I had toyos on all my trucks and they're great for trucks but for a Jeep there very heavy.. The 37 12.50 17 is 7 lbs heavier over the Cooper and the km3. which Tire would you go with the Toyo or km 3 ?