Opinions on Cooper STT Pro?

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
STT Pro fan boy for life. I watched them drag a disabled JK off Dutch John at Uwharrie in the mud. @chevymitchell towed that guy through places I had to winch through. I was sold from that point. I put a set of 37s on my Jeep about 8 months ago and my first real trip with them, I found myself in the same situation - towing a disabled JK out of Windrock. These tires have been nothing short of phenomenal. It is going to take something drastic for me to switch to another tire when these wear out.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Good to hear! Are you running 37s or 35s? My only concern now is that the 35s have an E sidewall.
Don't worry about the E load rating, better sidewall protection and a bit thicker rubber throughout, a bit firmer and less compliant when aired down, but for the tire you're getting that's a worthwhile tradeoff IMO.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Pharmacy Product Implementation Manager
Good to hear! Are you running 37s or 35s? My only concern now is that the 35s have an E sidewall.
Mine are 37s so probably not E rated. Maybe run them at a lower PSI? I’m still new to all this. For mine, I run at 32 PSI (weird number I know). At 35 PSI, the ride seems really rough as they warm and at 30, seems too tread like for the highway. I could also be crazy, haha.

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement