Colorado trip

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Colorado trip was a success. Secured home for 1 year in the Cimarron Hills area of Colorado Springs.
In other news Blu bi kong performed flawlessly. 3440 miles overall, 16.1 mpg back in my driveway, gear change-break- in-500 mile fluid change-new dana covers with cooling fins, 37" tires.
The whole enchilada worked awesome! 6th gear, 75mph, 2600-2700 rpms 90% of the time, 8% time in 5th gear 2800 RPMs, 2% in 4th at 2900-3000 roms. The Kanati tires at 34psi performed super great noise wise, and ride wise.
Super happy with the Jeep from head to toe!
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Good move Vic, I have a Niece in Colorado Springs, nice area. I was back there just last year and wheeled around Bella Vista,Co. during MHJC’s All -4-fun week. The Rocky Mountain High country trails is great for 4 wheeling IMHO. I checked Black Bear Pass off my bucket list a couple weeks ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado trip Black Bear Pass sign
Jeep Wrangler JL Colorado trip Black bear pass power house

Last edited:

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
My daughter moved to CO early this year, but unfortunately her Jeep is 2WD.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Welcome indeed! Colorado has a great Jeeping community- be sure to check out the Mile Hi Jeep Club! We do great things to keep trails open and to support our passion for Jeeping.

Just please do all of us a favor and don't start telling us lifelong Coloradans how things should be done here like they are in California (or Texas or New York or anywhere else for that matter) once you get here!;) Congrats on the relo and welcome!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Congratulations Vic, glad to see your getting out of this hell hole state!. Ill be headed for a trip next summer in Colorado to get some new BOH trails for the passes!

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Welcome indeed! Colorado has a great Jeeping community- be sure to check out the Mile Hi Jeep Club! We do great things to keep trails open and to support our passion for Jeeping.

Just please do all of us a favor and don't start telling us lifelong Coloradans how things should be done here like they are in California (or Texas or New York or anywhere else for that matter) once you get here!;) Congrats on the relo and welcome!
I won't be bringing any Califriscoisms with me. I have actually lost all of them. Hence I don't fit in here anymore

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I will be curious to see what the 2019-2021 net migration numbers for California look like. CA has had negative net migration (To and From other US States) of 100,000+ people for 20 years but Birth rates and foreign immigration have been able to keep the overall population growing.

Seems like in the last few years, Overall population “growth’ has been paltry — about 0.4%-ish. There is a lot of talk about people leaving CA right now (Had a friend who did it several years ago... moved to Reno). What I can’t tell from anything but anecdotes right now is the number of small businesses leaving the State (and taking the jobs with them) and the stories of tech workers being able to “work from home/anywhere”. It may just be a lot of talk/chatter, or it may be a very real, short-and-long term trend.

California has about 40m people. With a growth rate of say 0.5% (and that’s generous) it will not take much of an expansion in “net negative migration” to tip the whole State negative. and, if that trend continues for a couple of decades, the impact on the existing tax/public policy environment could be profound (And not in a good way).

It will be interesting to see what the net numbers come in at over the next couple of years.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
This pisshole of a state will be in my rearview mirror at approximately 9:30am December 28th. From what I can see the implosion you're laying out started the downhill slide 2-3 years ago. As you point out, more working from home (support employees reduced). Big business leaving.
Many of my friends working in studio work have most of their work out of state now. The gas tax along with extremely high registration costs and carpool monies collected are insane, ( we have the shittiest roads in the country ).
The elephant no one is talking about now is the commercial real estate market. Millions of dollars have now been given to companies as Covid aid that has stupidly set up 1000's of companies to work from home with far fewer employees along with no commercial footprint. Building leases, parking, fuel, utilities and maintenance, enhanced efficiency, happier workers, ultimately more profit for the surviving companies.
Why in the world would any of these companies that is now set up with those enhancements say, "Thank God we can get back to a more expensive way of business now! " ( Granted that isn't exclusive to Califrisco, but I think the impact will be much greater here than anywhere else)
Thank God for retirement, a pension and my wife working a new job from home making big city monies along with bonuses and commission from home since late October of 2019 with 4 more years on a contract! This will be the last year Califriscan's basque in our tax money.
Totally fed up
Sponsored