Sponsored

Cold Weather Group Explained

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
If it's there, you should find a wrapped up, 3 prong plug, on the right side of the engine bay. It was part of the cold weather group when I ordered. (November).
I stumbled on mine in there. It's on the drivers side opposite side of the battery. It's wrapped up and the 3 prong plug has a protective cover. It's not difficult to find.
Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Yeah, in the US anyway the engine block heater is now an option and not included in the cold weather package.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
You missed the point. The point is it costs $495. But the credit you get for NOT getting it with a manual is much less. I know you can't get it with a manual. Sorry for the confusion.
It is not a credit. It does not exist.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, in the US anyway the engine block heater is now an option and not included in the cold weather package.
I assume that's a change somehwere? I have the cold weather package and mine has it but mine was built on 1/18/18 so obviously things can change.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I assume that's a change somehwere? I have the cold weather package and mine has it but mine was built on 1/18/18 so obviously things can change.
I guess so, on the build site it's now a $95 option separate from the cold weather group.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Yes, they changed it and removed it from the cold weather group (in the USA), and it's now a separate option. Still standard on all models in Canada.

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLUSs it came with the cold weather package, seats,start, steering wheel and block heater.
I got mine early March. I read somewhere a battery warmer was also available?

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I have no clue about the engine block heater. I searched the manual in the UConnect system, and nothing. Of course I know the other features in the group, heated seats, steering wheel.... But about this engine block heater? Is it automatic? Is there anything to do to turn it on? I have no clue.....
Just a plug. Driver's side. Been using it every day this week. It's been really cold.it works well :like:

Screenshot_20190131-164426_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190131-164453_Gallery.jpg

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Here is what I use with my block heaters (one on my tractor and one on my JL) Using this device I can turn on the block heaters(s) from inside the house and set the on time for 2, 4, 6 hours. I usually use two hours.when it's below zero F. The vehicles are in my garage, but they claim weatherproof and I wouldn't hesitate to use them with HD extension cords outside.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fosmon-O...ccis2QHo0ILEEZuqdZ7FPkoSFop7ymxxoC4MMQAvD_BwE

Sponsored

swish77

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
It must be a region thing. I am on the west coast and I have the cold weather package on my 19 JLU
. I don't have that plug.
I believe Jeep has changed this option. The engine heater seems to be a separate add-on now that is not included in the Cold Weather Package. Most of the posts earlier in this thread are a couple of years old, when presumably the engine heater was part of the Cold Weather Package.

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
I believe Jeep has changed this option. The engine heater seems to be a separate add-on now that is not included in the Cold Weather Package. Most of the posts earlier in this thread are a couple of years old, when presumably the engine heater was part of the Cold Weather Package.
Definitely true. If you order a 21 (Rubi) it’ll cost you an extra $95