Cold Weather Group Explained

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I'm kind of surprised, given your Mid Atlantic home, that your ordered or feel you have use for it.

At rest ambulances/fire trucks/cars in Minnesota---sure.

I live in San Diego near coast if it drops below 58 it's considered cold here. I ordered the cold weather package. Bad back and like heated seats.
Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I will use mine but will set it on a timer. That way it just heats the block for say an hour, before I leave for work.

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Sahara. Ordered 9/25 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2010 JKU and I live in Alberta, I have owned the vehicle since Dec 09 and the first time I ever plugged it in was last winter during a long cold snap (-25 to -35ish C). I have never had a problem starting. As long as you have a strong battery you'll be ok. I have had an electric battery blanket on a vehicle when I live further north just to keep it from freezing up. I think the battery is the most important element when its that cold as long as you have the correct oil for the conditions.
When I was a kid in Northern Labrador the RCMP bush pilot used to pull the battery from the deHavilland Beaver and bring it up to the house on a skidoo just to keep it from freezing. That old plane started every time.

Ozarkpaddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Ford F-150
I live in San Diego near coast if it drops below 58 it's considered cold here. I ordered the cold weather package. Bad back and like heated seats.
Me too. Love the heated seats in my wife's Renegade and use them year round. I've been in healthcare since 1981 and nurse's and nurse assistant's backs age in DOG YEARS (LOL)!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The butt heaters are a must have when the top is off and the sun goes down. Especially for those of us living in the mountains.

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The butt heaters are a must have when the top is off and the sun goes down. Especially for those of us living in the mountains.
Butt heaters lol, no idea why that struck my funny bone. Rump roaster

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I really want the cold weather package and remote start but I also want a manual...

Any chance I could get a manual with the cold weather package and it still includes the remote start mechanism that I can just... tweak? Seems silly to pay full price for the cold weather package that includes remote start, but not get the remote start because it’s a manual.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I really want the cold weather package and remote start but I also want a manual...

Any chance I could get a manual with the cold weather package and it still includes the remote start mechanism that I can just... tweak? Seems silly to pay full price for the cold weather package that includes remote start, but not get the remote start because it’s a manual.
When I researched it, it seemed to be the case that ordering the cold weather package with a manual resulted in a lower price, so you're not actually paying for the remote start.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
It was a dealer order, that I placed my name on. So it was already ordered. But I got to have my my hested seats and steering wheel!! It was single digits here in Maryland last week!
Got it....and I understood the FCA packaging...I just got confused that the primary motivation for your opting in for the Cold Weather group was the engine plug in feature, not the other aspects/features of the package....

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
When I researched it, it seemed to be the case that ordering the cold weather package with a manual resulted in a lower price, so you're not actually paying for the remote start.
I see you’re quite right. Looks like it drops the package cost by $300. Oddly enough, apart from the cold weather package, remote start costs $495.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Sure..cold is as much a feeling as a metric...still more it's your money and your back that's relieved from the temperature if not the engine block itself.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I see you’re quite right. Looks like it drops the package cost by $300. Oddly enough, apart from the cold weather package, remote start costs $495.
And the Convenience Package on the Sport S, which has the garage remote and remote start, only costs $395. Throw in the manual, and it is $195 - $200 off.

So there is that.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I ordered cold weather group in NC. I wanted heated seats. I will probably never use the block heater.
Same here! :jk: wave neighbor!
Sponsored