mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Read the thread that is posted
Sitting and idling is one option, among many, for ensuring the vehicle is up to temperature. It isn't the option I would personally choose, nor do I think it will be the option than others do, as the understanding of the behavior of the vehicle improves.

I'm 100% onboard that communication of what's going on has been poor.

Sponsored

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
People appear to be getting stuck in FORM because the way they're driving doesn't get the oil hot enough. As the weather gets colder, this is happening more. Does that mean the vehicle is broken?

The biggest issue with the FORM problem seems to go back to what's been said many times here; it's the vehicle not behaving how someone thinks it should behave rather than it not behaving how it actually behaves.
I have yet to see a fuel or oil refresh alert, located 43 degrees north latitude. It really wasn't difficult to study up and figure a workable strategy which eliminates the need for the FORM to trigger.

One question , is having to idle this vehicle , after driving it , to get it to proper temperature in the cold weather an efficient use of energy ?
I will answer this question. No, and regardless of what you have read elsewhere, it is not needed. New technology can be great if the end user can be flexible in their thinking. Remember when they went from horses to model Ts? Yeah, the hay and oats didn't cut it in those hand cranked starters.

Life is good with all the options out there. Choose what you prefer and have fun.

OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
I have yet to see a fuel or oil refresh alert, located 43 degrees north latitude. It really wasn't difficult to study up and figure a workable strategy which eliminates the need for the FORM to trigger.

I will answer this question. No, and regardless of what you have read elsewhere, it is not needed. New technology can be great if the end user can be flexible in their thinking. Remember when they went from horses to model Ts? Yeah, the hay and oats didn't cut it in those hand cranked starters.

Life is good with all the options out there. Choose what you prefer and have fun.
Thanks for answering the question .

Sponsored

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
You sure? Last I checked the EPA dictates emissions laws and as a result of those gas engines are being phased out. So you are 100% wrong. The 392 is discontinued as a direct result of more stringent emissions requirements.

You’re right, it’s 2035 not 2030.

EDIT
I should clarify I’m not against the EPA. No, I don’t want pollution everywhere. I just wish there were better methods to administer it.
Source? For, well, any and all of that.

(The EPA does not make laws. It crafts regulations, which are not the same thing.)

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel

(The EPA does not make laws. It crafts regulations, which are not the same thing.)
Lol the epa only makes policy? You sure about that? And that policy isn’t enforceable with civil and criminal penalties? Nope. You’re still not correct. The EPA is given those powers by congress and I guess congress can take them away if that’s what you’re confused about.

Regardless, have a good weekend. I’ve learned arguing with jackasses on social media just brings you down to their level.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Lol the epa only makes policy? You sure about that? And that policy isn’t enforceable with civil and criminal penalties? Nope. You’re still not correct. The EPA is given those powers by congress and I guess congress can take them away if that’s what you’re confused about.

Regardless, have a good weekend. I’ve learned arguing with jackasses on social media just brings you down to their level.

fyi if you want a source, go consult a VW corporate attorney. I’m sure they can provide all the juris prudence, in detail, about what happens when you violate federal environmental protection laws which were enforced by the EPAs legal team along with the criminal and civil fines they faced.

Outside that, you win. I’m going on a bicycle ride and enjoying the outside because of the EPAs work then working on my jeep.

Peace!

OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport

Agreed jackasses and fanboys that don't get it .