Sponsored

Cleanest Phone Mount Solution

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This looks like a great option. Get the magnetic charging head, tuck the wire under the radio unit and run wireless CarPlay. Clean and simple.

https://coursemotorsports.com/colle...ne-mount-jeep-wrangler-gladiator-rubican-2018

Here is another option if you want the phone tucked away more. Plugs into the outlet and can use wireless CarPlay again.

KIMISS Portable Car Wireless Cigarette Lighter Charger Magnetic Phone Holder, Fast Charge Magnetic Phone Stand Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0896YJ135/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KRZ5D2SFX0QYM2W25XP3
Sponsored

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
If it were me, I’d go with RAM. You get a million options, better arms etc. RAM has been in the police/military mount game forever. It’s $30.00 for the track then you can add arms/balls etc.
My set up is that, with a juggernaut defense iPhone case. It easily snaps onto that, and onto body armor. It’s also jumpable if you’re into parachuting. I did a similar thing for my wife and used a magnet mount

Skades 89

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I just added this setup to my 4Xe Rubicon. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with the magnet on the back that uses the MagSafe chargers. I bought the first part of the setup that comes off the grab handle from Bullet point mounting solutions. And then I found the last piece on Amazon. That piece holds the MagSafe charger on with an adhesive pad and the Wrangler has a USB-C input. This holds onto my phone (which is very large and heavy) very well with the magnet part. If you have an iPhone 12 with the magnet built into the phone this works very well. You have to purchase the MagSafe charger sold by Apple. It charges your phone while mounted which is a huge bonus since you don’t have to plug a cord into the bottom of the phone.
A4974045-0613-4474-A88C-37F779E4F419.jpeg
6AC2BF6B-EF29-48A8-BC4A-3A2FD5049914.jpeg
2000EC68-0FC3-43D1-BEB4-DD8B2DD7A755.jpeg
92203CC5-CAEB-4DFF-A600-93CE229296D1.jpeg
CE6420B9-4A80-40A8-8FBD-F2E44E4D3342.jpeg
3B44D688-B5F9-489D-ADD1-171FEEED6D45.jpeg
I’m having a heck of a time finding the grab bar attachment. Do you have a part number or link? I like the set up and think it might be the best one for me.

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadowbanned and taking the bus

Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Not sure whether this is what he used, but it’ll work.
https://cmmoffroad.com/products/jl-grab-bar-ball-mount
This is what I used with a RamMount 2" arm, B ball extension with 1/4" x 20 screw in and then a Moment MagSafe iPhone base (mounted to the 1/4" x 20 Ram ball). I have a right angle USB cable to keep the media cover closed for the most part. I can put up a pic if anyone wants.

I get all the multi-dash/versatility mount options for the adventure crowd but don't need anything that complicated for what I do which is pretty much just CarPlay.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
This looks like a great option. Get the magnetic charging head, tuck the wire under the radio unit and run wireless CarPlay. Clean and simple.

https://coursemotorsports.com/colle...ne-mount-jeep-wrangler-gladiator-rubican-2018

Here is another option if you want the phone tucked away more. Plugs into the outlet and can use wireless CarPlay again.
I gotta tell you, that Course mag charger mount is a serious piece. After reading your post I did some digging for my GMC Yukon and they had a solution for the sliding head unit screen and it included the mag charger. The magnet holds ROCK solid when the phone is in alignment.

GM Sliding Head Unit

For my incoming 392 I ordered the 67Designs dash bar, but I will be ordering another one of these and some how incorporating it to work. Its really impressive and quality is excellent.

Thanks Vrrooom

Skades 89

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I used with a RamMount 2" arm, B ball extension with 1/4" x 20 screw in and then a Moment MagSafe iPhone base (mounted to the 1/4" x 20 Ram ball). I have a right angle USB cable to keep the media cover closed for the most part. I can put up a pic if anyone wants.

I get all the multi-dash/versatility mount options for the adventure crowd but don't need anything that complicated for what I do which is pretty much just CarPlay.
Yes please let’s get a few pictures. 👍

Sponsored

Skades 89

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
I'm really enjoying the new position for my phone. The only thing I think I would do differently if I were to do this again, would be to angle my usb slot on the wireless charging base towards my radio since I tuck the cable behind my radio bezel. Just cleaner and out of the vent's way.

wouldn't this still get heat from the vent? You nixed the offroam mount saying it blocks the vent (even though it doesn't if you position it right) yet this solution I guarantee still gets hot from that vent directly below it.

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I went with the Anvil Overland mount and am really pleased about it. Everything is steel and what I like about it is that it doesn't use the little extension bars from the actual mount to the device holder, so it eliminates some chance of vibration.

Also, the mounts can be placed anywhere along the full length of the bar, which goes from passenger to driver grab handle. Very solid.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cleanest Phone Mount Solution 20220819_182424
Jeep Wrangler JL Cleanest Phone Mount Solution 20220819_202153
Jeep Wrangler JL Cleanest Phone Mount Solution 20220819_202203
Sponsored