Cell phone mount recommendations

Deepsea1212

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU WILLYS, JLURD
I really like this setup but they changed the grab bar on the 2022 and there is no longer an exposed bolt so the ball mount wont work? I looked at the CMM website and it says 18 to current JLs so must be an oversight. Currently looking for another solution to attach a ball joint to the grab handle if anyone has one.
I have a 2022JLURD and have exposed bolts on the grab handle. Maybe the Sahara or another model has leather wrapping the handle but my 2022 has the exposed bolts. I ordered the 67designs driver model but felt it was too close to me so I ordered the passenger side mount and the grab handle ball to see which I like better. They haven’t come in yet.
Sponsored

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
I have a 2022JLURD and have exposed bolts on the grab handle. Maybe the Sahara or another model has leather wrapping the handle but my 2022 has the exposed bolts. I ordered the 67designs driver model but felt it was too close to me so I ordered the passenger side mount and the grab handle ball to see which I like better. They haven’t come in yet.
This looks interesting

https://www.proclipusa.com/products...rangler-jl-2018-20xx-jeep-gladiator-2020-20xx

Dissident

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited EcoDiesel
Yea, mine is a high country and is leather wrapped so I guess that’s why.

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
I saw someone’s solution in a thread…it was the BulletPoint Rubigrid but the arm to the phone wasn’t carbon fiber. Carbon fiber doesn’t look right in a Jeep. Any clue on who makes a metal arm that looks like Bulletpoint?

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
I have used the Anvil Overland accessories bar and phone mount for the past 2.5 years and have no complaints. Great system that has lots of versatility. Pretty much any interior device/communications can be mounted to it anywhere on the entire dash.

Sponsored

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I wanted something that wouldn’t cover any vents or buttons, and something that would work for handheld radio or cell phone. I also wanted to be able to easily pick it up and put it back with one hand while on a bumpy road.

I ended up with a CMM grab bar ball mount, combined with a short RAM mount arm and a magnetic attachment. I then added a thin steel plate to the back of my phone case, and epoxied another one to the back of my handheld radio.

For normal commuting I toss my phone onto the mount, I even got a 1 foot long lightning cable for it. While off-roading I attach the radio. It’s very sturdy and even when it’s bumpy I can still easily use it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations 6C04444E-0B73-4FAD-A6E6-AD9F35A4DE9E

Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations 85DBCE3C-87E7-48C5-B761-079B582D81BC

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
67Deaigns is great, even the magnetic mount version hold the phone well.

It looks very nice and mine has held up very well for almost 3 years.
I have an iPhone 13 will I be able ro just place it on the magnet holder?

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Hmmm. Does the 13 have a magnet on the phone? The mount has a magnet, and they want you to put a plate on your phone,,but if you have a magnet on your phone,,it needs to be Polar opposite. Hit up 67D and ask them if it will work. They're very responsive.

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

"BulletPoint" has a 67d clone that works just as well and is a bit cheaper. (https://smile.amazon.com/Bulletpoint-RubiGrid-Platform-Wrangler-Gladiator/dp/B09Z47C9MD/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3F6ZX793FC7M8&keywords=bullet+point+mounting+solutions&qid=1658672001&sprefix=,aps,263&sr=8-2)

I got one and then put a scoche pad on it, so I can magnetically mount devices to it. I will post some pictures when I am back in the US if you are interested.

(e) FWIW, I have used the scoche mount with as big as a 10" tablet, while off-roading, and had no issues with devices staying in place...

Sponsored

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
Here's the mount we bought for both our 2020 JT and 2022 JLU - holds out phones very sturdily: Phone holder

~Blue392~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
It seems that regardless of which brand you choose they all seem to offer the same arm and attachment options. The differences boil down to the mounting base. I chose two bases from Bulletpoint. I can still use the center part of the dash tray and if I decide to I can fabricate a bar to span between the two bases.

IMG_3361.jpeg

IMG_3362.jpeg

IMG_3363.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg