Sponsored

How does everyone mount their cell phones?

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Frustrated by the pricey options, I went low rent. Benefits: it's removable and does not require any modification to your jeep... plus it costs like $2 at your local big box. It's a nite ize rubber twist tie - you can find these in multiple sizes depending on your phone size and how far you want it to hang down. Have not tried it off road but highway at high speed and usual road bumps have been fully tested.
IMG_0421.JPEG

IMG_0422.JPEG

IMG_0423.JPEG
IMG_5489.jpeg
BTW, what size is that tie? I was searching Amazon and found a 12" gear tie but that may be 18" in the picture?
Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
I am wondering why people are mounting their phone. CarPlay provides access to text, maps, phone, etc.
Well, I don't have CarPlay. Frankly, the electronic gizmos are the least of the things that attracted me to the Jeep. I'd rather see the money go into the axles, suspension or tires. So, I use the 67 Designs rail mount system, which works unbelievably well.

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I went with the Anvil Overland mount and am really pleased about it. Everything is steel and what I like about it is that it doesn't use the little extension bars from the actual mount to the device holder, so it eliminates some chance of vibration.

Also, the mounts can be placed anywhere along the full length of the bar, which goes from passenger to driver grab handle. Very solid.
Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? 20220819_182424
Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? 20220819_202153
Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? 20220819_202203

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
I went with the Anvil Overland mount and am really pleased about it. Everything is steel and what I like about it is that it doesn't use the little extension bars from the actual mount to the device holder, so it eliminates some chance of vibration.

Also, the mounts can be placed anywhere along the full length of the bar, which goes from passenger to driver grab handle. Very solid.
R3 or R4?

Sponsored

Buster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 M38
Stupid new guy question… here goes….

Why are we mounting cell phones?

Is this for folks without CarPlay/AA? Using CarPlay seems to eliminate the need for me needing to see my phone during a drive. Just curious.:bandit:

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Stupid new guy question… here goes….

Why are we mounting cell phones?

Is this for folks without CarPlay/AA? Using CarPlay seems to eliminate the need for me needing to see my phone during a drive. Just curious.:bandit:
Multiple screens - more info = more horsepower or so I have been told :)