Sponsored

Cell phone mount recommendations

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I went with ram mounts products. No holes to drill and extremely sturdy. I didn’t mind loosing the storage on top of the dash as I don’t like the reflection of junk on the windshield. I needed a phone holder to accommodate different size phones and cases without adjustment. I mounted it upside down to keep it low and it’s much easier to put the phone in that way to. Just put the bottom of the phone in, press down and in then let it go back up. It doesn’t block the infotainment screen or the air vent. The dash mount uses T-slot accessories.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations D8219ADE-9E74-42FD-9CD6-58AD050D74D5
Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations 5F09892D-274D-4A6E-A744-6D9502CBCAED
Sponsored

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
We went with the 67 designs trail rail for phones/go pro mount. Wpngear for pistol mount. M.O.R.E. for ARB dual compressor mount.

Literally can't complain about any of them.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I LOVE my OffRoam phone mount! It attaches to your vent and stays put despite lots of off-road bumps!! I have definitely tested this one!😍 You should check it out! http://www.getoffroam.com/

45570344-2C10-4A45-89D3-C24B9AC23B44.jpeg

824CB6C4-B6FF-4FFD-8FA5-B9DC5F56B2FD.jpeg

M@tt C

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Willys, 2022 Gladiator Sport S
Another vote for Offroam. I don’t like stuff on top of the dash, so the Offroam did the trick. Have the same in my wife’s Gladiator and she loves it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations 03D16A62-4C6E-49B9-B6C8-BA117244F74E

Sponsored

Zenmaster238

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Firecracker Red JLURXR
We went with the 67 designs trail rail for phones/go pro mount. Wpngear for pistol mount. M.O.R.E. for ARB dual compressor mount.

Literally can't complain about any of them.
Do you have a pic of your wpngear?

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I put mine on the left side on the pillar. I like it because it is at eye level so I don't need to look down when looking at maps or similar. It also doesn't block any view, as it is just covering the pillar. Also, as it is magnetic mount I just pop it on as I open the door. Also I ran constant power under the dash and up to just behind the phone so there are no cords running anywhere. This is one of my favorite mods I have done so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations Phone Mount 1 (2)

Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations Phone Mount 5 (2)

Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations Phone Mount 2 (2)

Signguy71

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 traihawk
I went with ram mounts products. No holes to drill and extremely sturdy. I didn’t mind loosing the storage on top of the dash as I don’t like the reflection of junk on the windshield. I needed a phone holder to accommodate different size phones and cases without adjustment. I mounted it upside down to keep it low and it’s much easier to put the phone in that way to. Just put the bottom of the phone in, press down and in then let it go back up. It doesn’t block the infotainment screen or the air vent. The dash mount uses T-slot accessories.
I have the same setup but need to order the arm. Which arm did you order?

Thanks

Sponsored

Twowheels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 GMC Sierra 8.1, ‘22 JLURD
I opted for the 67 Designs mated with an existing Quadlock charging base off of the cycle. CMM grab bar ball mount for passenger options. I plan on changing out the sloppy old kinked cable sometime but it still works for now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations 42A1EA0E-F78F-4F81-8587-3E0372036CEE

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have both the 67 Designs and the Bulletpoint. Overall either are great options. The only issues I ran into with each:

With the 67 Designs the ball became loose and had to be retightened...which isn’t fun since it has to be removed and tightened from underneath after it is screwed and 2 sided taped to your dash.

With the Bulletpoint the adhesive that holds the pads that grip the cellphone broke loose in the direct sunlight and the pads just slide off. The good news is that if you have a phone case the pads arent really necessary anyway.

Summary, use the Bulletpoint ball but the 67 Designs mount. Haha.

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Thank you!!
I wanted to share my solution since I tried the proclip and hated the position of it that high up on the windsheild. Below is what i came up with.

I wanted a magnetic mount and wireless charging in one. I disassembled the mount on the charger and put double sided tape on it. It takes a good tug to get the magnet to let go so this isn't going anywhere.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HNBHSQV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S6XQFDM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Jeep Wrangler JL Cell phone mount recommendations IMG_0336

The only downside is my phone only mounts vertically. I cannot change it to horizontal due to the tune knob.
Sponsored

Last edited: