CarPlay problems

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Today I was messing with my setting in the Jeep again. This time I completely disconnected the device and made it "forget" my device. Same on the iPhone. Then I rebooted my phone, and connected via bluetooth to the Jeep. Seemed to have worked for now. I drove around grabbing dinner and running errands for over an hour and worked just fine.
Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Clean port + new Apple approved cable = happy CarPlay

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Mine only fooled me - it reverts back to only showing access to a few artists/albums after you start driving. You can trick it into giving full access by opening the app up while in Park - and it will stay like that for a bit but then goes kaput again. I think it has to be the way uConnect implements Apple CarPlay. It's just odd that uConnect allows an iPod to work normally. Maybe I'll go back to the iPod... it doesn't have enough storage for all my music but at least it works properly.

JNPMusic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I just wish they still included the CD Player so I can play music without relying on this faulty system. Maybe with the 7 inch display include the navigation apps as well so when you're on a long trip it doesn't quit when you make a stop along the way.... Happened to me already.....

Nemesis17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My CarPlay still drops, Bluetooth audio is choppy from time to time and the entire unit becomes unresponsive to touch periodically.
Please update the uconnect jeep!

Sponsored

sharley92

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
I've been having problems with my CarPlay in my 2019 Cherokee. I just broke up with my ex last week and when I try to use the GPS to go somewhere and put in an address CarPlay thinks I'm leaving from my ex's house even though I'm nowhere near there. Even when I enter in the address on my phone first and push start, then connect it to CarPlay it'll then change the directions and say I'm at her house even though I'm an hour away. I've already tried deleting my phone from my Jeep and also forgetting UConnect from my phone and then pair my phone to my jeep again, but it has done it again. Any thoughts on what I can do?

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
it's not CarPlay - it's your phone. The CarPlay just mirrors the phone so you need to figure out how to reset apple maps in your phone to get rid of it's history - that's the only way I'd think you could stop the problem. Is your ex's house listed as a 'favorite place?"

Bondshasha

First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had that happen to me also (a few days after picking up from dealer). Was working fine after work that day. Maybe a glitch. I’ve had similar issues with the audio not working. Letting it sit for a few hours fixed it. 3 times in 6 months... not to big of a deal for me.
It’s been one year to the day since I brought my new jeep home. CarPlay has only worked with a fuse game. They turned off the free SXM service. My CarPlay starting working flawlessly!

snowd0gg

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Most of the time my Carplay works just fine - great even. A time or two it has not started up and I could not find a way to force it to start. Yesterday I was in the mountains with a friend, using Google Maps to navigate to a high point in the N. Georgia mountains I've never been to before. I stopped at a hikers' store for a bit and when I cranked up again, Carplay just would NOT come up. Uconnect recognized the iPhone and had a small signal, but Carplay wouldn't start. I tried restarting the iPhone, restarting the vehicle, doing both in different order and removing the iPhone from the car's Uconnect. Nothing worked I could use Google Maps on the iPhone, but it was difficult since I was driving. I parked at an observation area and spent about an hour and half there and when I got back into my car, Carplay popped right up and worked just great.

Quite frustrating.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Most of the time my Carplay works just fine - great even. A time or two it has not started up and I could not find a way to force it to start. Yesterday I was in the mountains with a friend, using Google Maps to navigate to a high point in the N. Georgia mountains I've never been to before. I stopped at a hikers' store for a bit and when I cranked up again, Carplay just would NOT come up. Uconnect recognized the iPhone and had a small signal, but Carplay wouldn't start. I tried restarting the iPhone, restarting the vehicle, doing both in different order and removing the iPhone from the car's Uconnect. Nothing worked I could use Google Maps on the iPhone, but it was difficult since I was driving. I parked at an observation area and spent about an hour and half there and when I got back into my car, Carplay popped right up and worked just great.

Quite frustrating.
It's called technology and there is nothing you can do. It happens to all of us

Sponsored

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93’ Wrangler & 2019 Rubicon JLU
Has anyone found a solution for Apple Car Play turning on and off? Any feedback with how you permanently fixed it would greatly be appreciated. I am still having issues with Apple Car Play dropping and not connecting.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Has anyone found a solution for Apple Car Play turning on and off? Any feedback with how you permanently fixed it would greatly be appreciated. I am still having issues with Apple Car Play dropping and not connecting.
I had it a few times. I shut the Jeep off and turned it back on and it was fine. Another thought is to try to use another Apple wire to connect yours could be defective

Sina’s Jeep

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93’ Wrangler & 2019 Rubicon JLU
I had it a few times. I shut the Jeep off and turned it back on and it was fine. Another thought is to try to use another Apple wire to connect yours could be defective
Thank you. I don’t think it’s the wire. It always works with USB #1 and ISB #3 but it keeps switching off with USB #2. I prefer to use the USB 2 because it keep my wires and phone in the middle console and reduces the risk of my looking at the phone. I suspect that if it was a wire issue then it would consistently be a problem with the other USB hubs. I also tried 3 wires all that were OEM from Apple.

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
While using CarPlay today the 7” uconnect stopped recognizing the iPhone. After a bit the whole display shut off and turned back on. CarPlay came back but kept disconnecting. This is all happens while driving. Cable used is brand new and from Apple. iPhone fully update to latest official iOS version. This is not the first time it happens either. I hope Jeep finds a way to fix this.

MrsIke

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Mojito
We have had a couple instances while using Waze of the current/start location changing to a different area. It doesn't revert back to the city we live in but a shopping center in city that is 15 minutes from us. It tries to use that as our starting location when we are in a city 2 hours away from home. We noticed as well that it loses signal on the compass direction. This is the second time this has happened to us on a trip. We end up having to disconnect and just use the phone until the system decides to have the correct location/compass direction. Any ideas or fixes or is this just a glitch that we just have to live with??
Thanks, sorry if this has been asked but I'm new to the forums and didn't locate it anywhere previously.
Sponsored