CarPlay problems

Steelwill

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Ok. We have the vehicle for a week and Carplay has not worked properly yet. I have been reading all of the posts about this ongoing issue and here is what I have tried.

Pulled fuses related to the system and USB ports.
Made sure all other fuses were seated fully.
Rebooted both of our IPhones. Running IOS 13.2.3
Tried carplay with phone paired via Bluetooth and unpaired.
Made sure carplay was enabled on the phone
Made sure carplay was enabled for the phone in the Projection Manager App
Brand new IPhone cable purchased

Unable to get carplay to work for more than a couple of minutes in either USB port, 1 or 2.
Last night the phone kept going in and out of carplay every couple of seconds as we were driving.

Spent the money for upgraded 8.4 and this is what we get for our money.

Just for reference I have had no problem using carplay in other vehicles with my IPhone so it is not the phone or its cable .

Has anyone heard anything else that would fix this issue???
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone found a fix for the left steering wheel rocker switch working intermittently? It works fine advancing tracks about 75% of the time, but about 25% of the time I get in the Jeep and go to change tracks it doesn't work. And one time on a really long drive it stopped working in the middle of the drive. I've tried figuring out a pattern (start the Jeep then plug in the phone, plug in the phone then start the Jeep, etc etc) but no pattern I can detect. Also, turning the Jeep off/on and unplugging/replugging the phone doesn't work, Jeep has to be off for an extended period (5-10 min) to reset and have the switch start working again.

Other than that CP works just great, but really wish i could figure out this issue.
Hi Chris,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, please send us a PM. We would be happy to offer an additional layer of assistance.
Alex
JeepCares

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Ok. We have the vehicle for a week and Carplay has not worked properly yet. I have been reading all of the posts about this ongoing issue and here is what I have tried.

Pulled fuses related to the system and USB ports.
Made sure all other fuses were seated fully.
Rebooted both of our IPhones. Running IOS 13.2.3
Tried carplay with phone paired via Bluetooth and unpaired.
Made sure carplay was enabled on the phone
Made sure carplay was enabled for the phone in the Projection Manager App
Brand new IPhone cable purchased

Unable to get carplay to work for more than a couple of minutes in either USB port, 1 or 2.
Last night the phone kept going in and out of carplay every couple of seconds as we were driving.

Spent the money for upgraded 8.4 and this is what we get for our money.

Just for reference I have had no problem using carplay in other vehicles with my IPhone so it is not the phone or its cable .

Has anyone heard anything else that would fix this issue???
Did you ever figure out a fix? Iā€™m struggling with intermittent CarPlay drops too with a phone that works on other Uconnect systems.

Steelwill

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Did you ever figure out a fix? Iā€™m struggling with intermittent CarPlay drops too with a phone that works on other Uconnect systems.
The dealer ended up replacing the USB ports for us and it has worked fine since.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
The dealer ended up replacing the USB ports for us and it has worked fine since.
Thanks. The tried replacing the USB2 port only but that did not work. Guess I'll see if they will try more.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Last edited:

JSG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
For some reason, any time I plug in my iPhone to the jeep, itll show the calls on the screen but when I press answer, it connects through the phone. If its connected through Bluetooth, It works like normal.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18ā€™ JLU SAHARA
Just an update with my OEM 7ā€ screen that was intermittently cutting in/out & changing from AM -FM-MEDIA. All is gravy now with zero issues since I seated ALL of my partially seated fuses in the box. This has worked for me consistently for several months.

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Since this is a carplay thread, here is mine :

Uconnect 7 .
From day one, noticed Apple Carplay when using my iphone 11 on latest software, hearing static , stutters, crackle,like some sort of loose wire, OR some sort of millisecond Stutter lag.
All random, can happen anytime and go away anytime.You can go over harsh terrain or smooth highways, it has no master that calls upon it, totally random.
Cannot replicate if i try, the only way is to keep changing music and songs.
Does NOT happen when using Radio, XM or Bluetooth.

Only when using WIRED USB connection.

Happens in ALL USB ports, USB-C and USB-A in the front dash media outlet and the USB-A in the Storage.

I have 4 original Apple cables.2 USB-C to Lightning and 2 USB-A to lightning.All same issue from any port i try.

I tried Heavy duty Anker Cables and other brands. Same issue.
I do not have the 2 ports in the back.

Next day morning after purchase i went to dealership and asked, they did not have the time of day to call a technician to even ask and seemed visibly upset.Finally technician came and said he never heard of such a thing ever.

1st oil service, Could not replicate problem,come back straight here if it happens on the road and don't turn off vehicle (they have a lot of faith in me leaving whatever im doing and coming to them )

2nd visit scheduled service for steering and carplay. I had the issue on the way to the dealer and thought "yes" now they will see it.
I arrived , explained the issue in the bay and 2 advisors came in and Nothing, audio all good....
I cant believe my luck.They tested and "Couldnt duplicate problem"

Picked up the car in the afternoon, left the dealership 30 minutes away and BAM, it happened again
Only way to Fix it is to switch to Radio, or other source, turn off screen, disconnect iphone and then reconnect.
If not, i just restart the car and it seems to work.

Here is a video (it was about the steering which is now fixed) but includes the symptoms and issue.
The static and pops increase along in the video , especially after the 45 second mark.
If anyone has a solution PLEASE help.
at 2:55 You can hear a STUTTER/PAUSE instead of the Static pop

Thanks

Egralia

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
mine screen flickers once in a while during apple carplay. the dealer replace the whole unit and it still does it. my coworker has the same problem with his ram with the 12in screen. i'm guess its just a uconnect problem.
Sponsored