Not open for further replies.

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My 4xe JLUR on "<1%" battery gets around 19-22 MPG. My old JLUR v6 manual got around 16-17 MPG.

FYI, it does not have a gas only mode. It is always a hybrid.

Now... if I purposely drive VERY aggressively, or keep her up over 95mpg then it will drop to get worse mpg.

That said, if MPG is your goal than any Wrangler is the wrong choice. But if you know you want a Wrangler and are comparing otherwise similar models the 4xe is definitely more efficient in almost every realistic setting.
The only use cases where I could see the non-EV being better would someone whom can not access a charger regularly or someone that mainly only drives long distance highway. I haven't seen any downsides that were not intentionally created by doing something weird to manufacture a "problem." IE, yes if you purposly run the battery down, and then keep running foot to the floor the system will start running the engine hard to recharge the battery. That will reduce MPG, but not power because it's recharging the battery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Didnt read the article because itā€™s a four door and I dont care.

20 mile range in full electric would cover a solid 80% of my trips. Technically the 4Xe is perfect for me. But I have zero interest in a four door and I doubt they can fit the batteries into a two door.

Patiently waiting for my 2dr Rubi 2.0T since they wont make the 392 in a 2 dr either.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I know. Iā€™ve got my manual fix in my sports car, no interest in a manual SUV. Also, I think the 8AT is superior to the 6MT in the Jeep anyways.
We found out sports cars don't work here. She was driving a Golf R, sweet little hot hatch but 19" tires and wheels get destroyed in short order. Getting the 6MT in a 2 dr Rubicon is as close to a sports car as is truly practical for us.

I do not know what you have been drinking with that comment about the auto being better than the manual. I have rarely heard such blasphemy... No such thing IMO. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.