DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@WXman I'd also try messing with the tire pressure. My dealer put 42lbs of pressure in my Ko2's today and they wandered quite a bit. I knocked them back down to 32 (they are 315 size) and they felt MUCH better and tracked perfectly. You may have to find what the tires and suspension like.
Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so here's an update: I went back to the dealership and drove 2 more JLUs. That's a total of 3 different JLUs. ALL of them had the same issue...wondering all over the road, dead steering feel, no return to center programmed in, constant input required in the steering wheel to keep it in the lane. Just an AWFUL experience. Two of the JLUs had Michelin LTX tires, and one had Bridgestone HT tires. I verified that the tire pressures were to spec. One JLU had the soft top, two had the hard top. This is clearly not a tire or suspension issue. This problem originates in the steering system itself.

I ended up doing a deal on the JLU with hardtop and Bridgestone tires, but I hope that a software update or something happens to address the handling issue pretty soon.
Either it is designed to be "very responsive" or we have to go with the other common factor in all these tests -- the driver... :)