Calling all 6 Speed Owners

Lab1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting Gray, '20 M340i
Agree with others. While the clutch is not perfect, I will play it by ear and see if any issues are realized during ownership
Just so you know, the clutch is only warrantied for 12k miles- so if you are having issues, slipping, etc, better get them documented at the dealer. It is separate of the overall drivetrain warranty.
Sponsored

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Just so you know, the clutch is only warrantied for 12k miles- so if you are having issues, slipping, etc, better get them documented at the dealer. It is separate of the overall drivetrain warranty.
Good to know, thanks for sharing.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Yes, which is a good thing. There is a recent thread on here from a guy who triggered it while wheeling in 4H. It did what it was supposed to do, and once he let it cool down everything was back to normal. (I’m too lazy to find it for you.)

Should this be necessary to prevent the pressure plate from fracturing? Of course not. We all agree it’s a workaround to a design flaw. That said, I’d much rather have to stop and cool down than explode!
Ok. But I also saw a recent thread where someone had their clutch explode, after doing the recall, and Jeep hung them out to dry. So while it's a workaround, it's not 100%.

Edit- here is his thread
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2021-jeep-jl-clutch-pressure-plate-failure.83726/

Last edited:

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Does anybody have an aftermarket South Bend clutch installed on their JL?

If yes I would be interested in hearing which model along with thoughts?
Sponsored