California 4XE Ordering

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I would demand that they provide you with the final deal sheet. If you are leasing, the standard CCAP lease money factor for May should be .00203. Also, CCAP is waiving the acquisition fee on the 4xe. I've they try to charge you a higher money factor or charge for the AF, you should question it. Their strategy seems to be to get you in the dealership where most people will just take whatever BS they throw at them since you're often stuck at that point. I had a horrible experience with them trying to change my deal at the 11th hour. Good luck and I would get it all handled before you walk through their doors!
Yeah in all honesty wish I thought of this earlier because I was just happy with my $1k below invoice from a CA dealer plus they had the aftermarket parts I wanted so it was super convenient to me and time is money as well, so I don't mind a premium to get what I want when I want without dealing with the hassle. The $800 or so I might have lost in money factor over the years cancels of with the 10 minutes I only spent at the dealer. I think if the dealer was at MSRP or something then I would've haggled the money factor instead
Sponsored

OCRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
Yeah in all honesty wish I thought of this earlier because I was just happy with my $1k below invoice from a CA dealer plus they had the aftermarket parts I wanted so it was super convenient to me and time is money as well, so I don't mind a premium to get what I want when I want without dealing with the hassle. The $800 or so I might have lost in money factor over the years cancels of with the 10 minutes I only spent at the dealer. I think if the dealer was at MSRP or something then I would've haggled the money factor instead
I totally get the time is money thing. That's why I initially decided to go with Rydell's offer even though I could have saved about $2k more net (after transportation costs and lost CA rebate) going out of state. But when they changed the deal to slide in another $3k in increased cost ($2,200 due to inflated MF alone), I just couldn't take that kind of dishonesty. Best of luck with your 4xe!

tuedd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Make sure you know your numbers before going in to deal with Rydell. The sales manager and GM tried to offer me a lease deal with Ally, which was higher than CCAP. I called out their BS and they offered me CCAP without the acq fee waived. I questioned them again and they said they "forgot" to take it out. We were going back and forth at least 10x + before they gave me an honest deal. They figured I knew my numbers and they couldn't add any hidden fees to the lease deal. First offer was close to $600 a month and last offer was low $400s. Big difference. Expect a marked up MF, but you can get lower than their first offer rate at .00275 if you keep persisting. It won't be at buy rate for the 4xe. If you put a deposit for the order, make sure you mention it. Again, they "forgot" to include it in the deal. I wouldn't recommend the dealer after my experience with the sales manager and the GM.

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
These CA dealers are a bit greedy and I find it surprising that they refuse to realize that they will be an extinct species in the near future if they don't change with OEMs like Tesla and Rivian soon following the D2C model for selling their vehicles.

I got a quote from the internet Sales manager (Jay Jao) @ Orange Coast and he is in La La land. He added a discount of $1500 on a MSRP of $54.3K and then goes on to add some ridiculous line items as follows :
(a) Non-Tax Fees: $695 ( Doc fee is separate)
(b) Nitro Fill: $179 ( he must be smoking some super rarified nitrogen)
(b) Finishing Touch : $ 895 ( more BS)
(c) KARR alarm: $895 ( even more BS)

I just can't comprehend how these sales people manage to stay on in business ! I went to OC because someone on the forum claimed they got a 2% below MSRP price from OC but they are full of BS. Stay away from Orange Coast !

aginoc

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them but dealers are going to make money somewhere.

The fact is Rydell is the only one that went below invoice for me, so I got about 2% below invoice where all other dealers, especially in CA are above invoice or at MSRP. A marked up money factor still has better pricing than most. If it was for a regular JL then I would complain, but just like with the 392 that is going $20k+ over MSRP, those things are going to happen with new, high demand vehicles.

For me, I had the best buying experience ever with Rydell. Everything was negotiated all online, sent my docs over email and when I showed up, spent ten minutes with finance signing and I was done.

Having Peter rob Paul is better than both Peter and Paul getting robbed so I'm happy with my deal plus service provided.

Only thing I didn't like and agree with is the credit check. They ran on 4/9 when I placed the deposit and then again yesterday. So credit went from 835 to 827 but I really don't do things that check credit frequently so I'll be back up soon. Understand why they did but that's the only thing I'm not a fan of
Its great you're happy. But I think you're overlooking a lot.

People placed orders based on written promises from Rydell regarding price, finance terms, etc. People could have ordered elsewhere - or for that matter bought a totally different car. That is reliance. Then Rydell did not honor the promised deal - that is highly unethical and arguably a breach of a contract. Even if it is not a contractual commitment, it is a moral/ethical one and, as such, Rydell deserves to be criticized on this board if they're doing these things.

And to be clear, the fact that the market changed since the deal was struck is irrelevant. There was an agreement to provide a discount from invoice and specific finance terms. If the agreement was not intended to binding, what is the point of even negotiating price up front? That is total nonsense.

Beyond that, Rydell is flat out lying about things. They are telling people with ordered vehicles - and locked prices - that the subsequent price increase affects their cars. It does not in many if not most cases (for vehicles ordered prior to the increase). Literally bald face lying.

People on this board have a choice of where they do business and it seems fair for all information to be shared.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aginoc

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
These CA dealers are a bit greedy and I find it surprising that they refuse to realize that they will be an extinct species in the near future if they don't change with OEMs like Tesla and Rivian soon following the D2C model for selling their vehicles.

I got a quote from the internet Sales manager (Jay Jao) @ Orange Coast and he is in La La land. He added a discount of $1500 on a MSRP of $54.3K and then goes on to add some ridiculous line items as follows :
(a) Non-Tax Fees: $695 ( Doc fee is separate)
(b) Nitro Fill: $179 ( he must be smoking some super rarified nitrogen)
(b) Finishing Touch : $ 895 ( more BS)
(c) KARR alarm: $895 ( even more BS)

I just can't comprehend how these sales people manage to stay on in business ! I went to OC because someone on the forum claimed they got a 2% below MSRP price from OC but they are full of BS. Stay away from Orange Coast !
They stay in business because some people pay these things without questioning.

And for people shopping for cars off the lot, they may not have a choice in the current market. But for people ordering or who can wait, then yeah, it makes no sense to be that unreasonable.

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
They stay in business because some people pay these things without questioning.

And for people shopping for cars off the lot, they may not have a choice in the current market. But for people ordering or who can wait, then yeah, it makes no sense to be that unreasonable.
I am willing to order direct from the factory but it appears that there are no deals to be had for that option either here in CA.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
The short answer to your question is that Rydell is inflating the money factor on leases. Instead of the base CCAP money factor of .00203 (4.87% APR), they are jacking it up to .00273 (6.55% APR). This is for Tier 1 credit.

I'm planning to write up a long summary of my terrible experience with Rydell, which culminated with them jacking the base CCAP money factor up to an inflated .00273 on the day my 4xe arrived (after waiting 30 days for an in-transit order). Multiple calls, texts and emails about the terms being @ CCAP base money factor and they pulled this B.S. upon arrival, claiming they were entitled to make a higher profit on the vehicle due to increased "market demand". I don't deal well with unethical people and organizations.

Save yourself some time and $ and look elsewhere.
oh that’s complete bullshit - if there’s an understanding and you order a rig and wait for it, they should not do that to you. They probably can, but they they shouldn’t - I hope this publicity helps hold them accountable.

Rydell’s just another dirty dealer then - unless they correct the situation In my mind. Forum members beware!

what’s the vin - so that no one on here buys from them?

i’m sorry man - that’s terrible

honeybarreled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe (prospective)

Sponsored

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Yup. Still needs to pass vote. Then the legislation won't take effect until next year. I'm in the market for the 4xe and in no hurry so I can probably wait it out, assuming the bill passes.
I have a feeling this one will move faster than some other bills, since it incentivizes auto manufacturers to build these electric cars in the US and by American workers. The Union aspect is a bit more controversial and the $2500 additional credit for UAW shops may get bundled under the make in America incentive bucket after the dust settles.

Last edited:

Bear95

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 X3, 2014 M235i
Placed order a Rubicon 4xe @ Rydell, $1000 below invoice on 4/19. Picked it up today. Everything went smoothly. They said the deal now is $750 above invoice.
Sponsored