California 4XE Ordering

tuedd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
The short answer to your question is that Rydell is inflating the money factor on leases. Instead of the base CCAP money factor of .00203 (4.87% APR), they are jacking it up to .00273 (6.55% APR). This is for Tier 1 credit.

I'm planning to write up a long summary of my terrible experience with Rydell, which culminated with them jacking the base CCAP money factor up to an inflated .00273 on the day my 4xe arrived (after waiting 30 days for an in-transit order). Multiple calls, texts and emails about the terms being @ CCAP base money factor and they pulled this B.S. upon arrival, claiming they were entitled to make a higher profit on the vehicle due to increased "market demand". I don't deal well with unethical people and organizations.

Save yourself some time and $ and look elsewhere.
Rydell pulled the same BS on me last week well. Will never deal with them again
Sponsored

feashore

First Name
Ness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty 2005
Order placed 4/9

Yeah leaving it there instead of picking it up. Actually the service guys are at training this weekend off-site so likely includes 4xe stuff so figure not rush it and let them pick up stuff before messing around on my 4xe. Parts guy already told me mines is the first 4xe they've done any work on

So by leaving it there they will be able to start Monday 7am on the lift and stuff

They haven't given me firm labor prices as again they said it's the first one they've done but the lift it self is $1495 and the tires are $300 each. Also adding the hinge reinforcement and relocator which I think is $625, and that's all before labor
Did you purchase the parts through the dealership?

I want to get a lift and new tires but dont want to wait on the dealership since its a drive from SD and work conflict. Will probably try local. Anyone in SD have recommendations?

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Did you purchase the parts through the dealership?

I want to get a lift and new tires but dont want to wait on the dealership since its a drive from SD and work conflict. Will probably try local. Anyone in SD have recommendations?
Yes got from dealership. Most didn't have in stock nor the aftermarket stores but luckily they did so was able to secure that with them at standard prices

Bear95

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 X3, 2014 M235i
Anyone still waiting 4xe from Rydell? Mine was ordered on 4/19 and should arrive next week.

Sponsored

dodgers162

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Ordered 4/29 from Rydell and was told it will be delivered week of 5/23. Hoping they don't play games with the money factor.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
The short answer to your question is that Rydell is inflating the money factor on leases. Instead of the base CCAP money factor of .00203 (4.87% APR), they are jacking it up to .00273 (6.55% APR). This is for Tier 1 credit.

I'm planning to write up a long summary of my terrible experience with Rydell, which culminated with them jacking the base CCAP money factor up to an inflated .00273 on the day my 4xe arrived (after waiting 30 days for an in-transit order). Multiple calls, texts and emails about the terms being @ CCAP base money factor and they pulled this B.S. upon arrival, claiming they were entitled to make a higher profit on the vehicle due to increased "market demand". I don't deal well with unethical people and organizations.

Save yourself some time and $ and look elsewhere.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them but dealers are going to make money somewhere.

The fact is Rydell is the only one that went below invoice for me, so I got about 2% below invoice where all other dealers, especially in CA are above invoice or at MSRP. A marked up money factor still has better pricing than most. If it was for a regular JL then I would complain, but just like with the 392 that is going $20k+ over MSRP, those things are going to happen with new, high demand vehicles.

For me, I had the best buying experience ever with Rydell. Everything was negotiated all online, sent my docs over email and when I showed up, spent ten minutes with finance signing and I was done.

Having Peter rob Paul is better than both Peter and Paul getting robbed so I'm happy with my deal plus service provided.

Only thing I didn't like and agree with is the credit check. They ran on 4/9 when I placed the deposit and then again yesterday. So credit went from 835 to 827 but I really don't do things that check credit frequently so I'll be back up soon. Understand why they did but that's the only thing I'm not a fan of

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Juan Carrillo. Actually I think he was talking about one of you guys because he said he had another 4xe for a customer order but said customer backed out after there was an issue in finance, which now sounds like money factor disagreement. So there is a 4xe at Rydell that technically is for sale so you should contact Juan and tell him I told you about it and he'll give you the standard deal which should be at invoice now, not sure.

feashore

First Name
Ness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty 2005
For me, I had the best buying experience ever with Rydell. Everything was negotiated all online, sent my docs over email and when I showed up, spent ten minutes with finance signing and I was done.

Having Peter rob Paul is better than both Peter and Paul getting robbed so I'm happy with my deal plus service provided.

Only thing I didn't like and agree with is the credit check. They ran on 4/9 when I placed the deposit and then again yesterday. So credit went from 835 to 827 but I really don't do things that check credit frequently so I'll be back up soon. Understand why they did but that's the only thing I'm not a fan of
So I take it you financed through them?

On side note, I ordered 4/20. Followed up with Juan and he said mine should he in around 5/25 or end of month. Can't wait but dont look foward to the buying process. Anyone close from Rydell, how much around was the doc fees and anything else?

Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

On side note, I ordered 4/20. Followed up with Juan and he said mine should he in around 5/25 or end of month. Can't wait but dont look foward to the buying process. Anyone close from Rydell, how much around was the doc fees and anything else?
Yeah went with the lease since they applied the 9k rebates to the cap reduction. Doc fees in CA are $85 standard. Closed last night. Not sure if we're allowed to post all the finance terms but if you're interested let me know

But just email Juan all your info like DL and insurance and he'll get all that filled out for you before you arrive so you literally just sign and drive

OCRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them but dealers are going to make money somewhere.

The fact is Rydell is the only one that went below invoice for me, so I got about 2% below invoice where all other dealers, especially in CA are above invoice or at MSRP. A marked up money factor still has better pricing than most. If it was for a regular JL then I would complain, but just like with the 392 that is going $20k+ over MSRP, those things are going to happen with new, high demand vehicles.

I totally get it that dealers are going to make money, but the problem is that they changed the deal AFTER the fact when the Jeep arrived and it was time to pick it up.

The deal I entered was $750 under invoice + another 1% under invoice for Affiliates discount (approx $560 - wife is employee at a Stellantis partner) with base CCAP money factor of .00203 on the lease. I paid a $500 to Rydell to hold the vehicle based on those terms. This deal is confirmed multiple times via phone calls, email and text messages.

When the Jeep finally arrived and I asked for the final deal sheet before making the 2 hour drive to Rydell, Juan sent me a deal sheet that showed an inflated money factor (.00276) and didn't include the affiliate discount. The result was a deal that was more than $3,000 more than what I had agreed to 30 days ago ($2,200 on the inflated money factor alone). When I questioned Juan about the change, Juan told me they could change the terms if they wanted since the 4xe is now selling over sticker. His manager, James, got on the phone and that went nowhwere due to his arrogant tone and BS.

The worst part is that I chose to stay in CA instead of much better deals from out of state dealers (even factoring in the CA $1500 rebate and delivery) and trusted Juan's multiple assertions that there would be no surprises in my deal. I agreed to the deal and made a deposit with Rydell in April, before the MSRP increase. Had I just done a custom order with another dealer in April instead of entering the deal with Rydell, my MSRP would have been locked in at the lower price and I'd probably be 10 days away from having my Jeep. Rydell jacking my price by $3k at the 11th hour cost me a lot of money since I passed on the out of state deals in April in favor of going with Rydell.

I'm a reasonable person, but don't deal well with liars and dishonest sales practices. It's not about the money at all for me, it's about honoring the deal we entered into.

And I made it clear to Juan and the manager that I would post honest feedback about the bad experience and they didn't seem to care at all. It tells me how little they must value customer service and reputation.

Last edited:

OCRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
Ordered 4/29 from Rydell and was told it will be delivered week of 5/23. Hoping they don't play games with the money factor.
I would demand that they provide you with the final deal sheet. If you are leasing, the standard CCAP lease money factor for May should be .00203. Also, CCAP is waiving the acquisition fee on the 4xe. I've they try to charge you a higher money factor or charge for the AF, you should question it. Their strategy seems to be to get you in the dealership where most people will just take whatever BS they throw at them since you're often stuck at that point. I had a horrible experience with them trying to change my deal at the 11th hour. Good luck and I would get it all handled before you walk through their doors!

OCRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe

I would demand that they provide you with the final deal sheet. If you are leasing, the standard CCAP lease money factor for May should be .00203. Also, CCAP is waiving the acquisition fee on the 4xe. I've they try to charge you a higher money factor or charge for the AF, you should question it. Their strategy seems to be to get you in the dealership where most people will just take whatever BS they throw at them since you're often stuck at that point. I had a horrible experience with them trying to change my deal at the 11th hour. Good luck and I would get it all handled before you walk through their doors!

OCRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
Juan Carrillo. Actually I think he was talking about one of you guys because he said he had another 4xe for a customer order but said customer backed out after there was an issue in finance, which now sounds like money factor disagreement. So there is a 4xe at Rydell that technically is for sale so you should contact Juan and tell him I told you about it and he'll give you the standard deal which should be at invoice now, not sure.
It was probably mine. But to be clear, I didn't back out of the deal as I was at all times ready, willing and able to go forward with the deal we agreed to 30 days ago. Rydell refused to honor the deal they agreed to as I wrote in reply to one of your other messages.
Sponsored