California 4XE Ordering

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Stirring this thread back up again. Anyone has information on any good deals from local dealers of late ?

Magni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2 Trailhawk
Tried using Rydell and they wanted a credit check before even placing the order. No thanks. Did everyone else have to do that with them?

aginoc

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Tried using Rydell and they wanted a credit check before even placing the order. No thanks. Did everyone else have to do that with them?
I told them no and just gave a $500 deposit when I ordered last month. It wasn't an issue then. Picking up my car this weekend.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Yeah I did, didn't mind altho because of the delay now it's been more than 30 days so they'll have to do it again so not happy about that. But yeah I did it to show I was serious and to lock in that $1000 below invoice.

Sponsored

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
I did the credit check even though it was the third Wrangler I’ve purchased from them, all for cash. They are placing a $60k order on your behalf. I don’t consider it unreasonable for them to know you can pay for it. BTW, the deposit is refundable.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I did the credit check even though it was the third Wrangler I’ve purchased from them, all for cash. They are placing a $60k order on your behalf. I don’t consider it unreasonable for them to know you can pay for it. BTW, the deposit is refundable.
Is yours arriving this week?

aginoc

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
It is unreasonable to run credit when:

1. They or another lender is going to have to run it again when you buy the car unless your in the minority of people who pay all cash. Unnecessary credit pulls are bad for your credit score, particularly when credit is not issued immediately (looks like a denial).

2. The market is so overheated right now, if they order the car and you back out (or don't qualify for financing), Rydell will sell it for right away, probably for more. There's no risk to Rydell in placing the order. It would be different if it was a limited allocation car or so specific an order that it could not be resold. Not the case for wranglers (other than maybe the 392).

Last edited:

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
My 67k MSRP that I'm getting for $53k has arrived and will be picking it up soon

Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Wow how much is that below invoice?!?!
Lol only $1k but it sounds nicer that way

$67k MSRP
$63k invoice
Less $1k off invoice and less 9k in rebates (Fed and CA) gets me to $53k

So $1k below invoice but a nice sounding $14k below MSRP

feashore

First Name
Ness
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty 2005
My 67k MSRP that I'm getting for $53k has arrived and will be picking it up soon
When did you place your order again?

Also i read in another post you are leaving your jeep there for them to install 35s and mopar 2 lift. How much is that going?

Last edited:

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
When did you place your order again?

Also i read in another post you are leaving your jeep there for them to install 35s and mopar 2 lift. How much is that going?
Order placed 4/9

Yeah leaving it there instead of picking it up. Actually the service guys are at training this weekend off-site so likely includes 4xe stuff so figure not rush it and let them pick up stuff before messing around on my 4xe. Parts guy already told me mines is the first 4xe they've done any work on

So by leaving it there they will be able to start Monday 7am on the lift and stuff

They haven't given me firm labor prices as again they said it's the first one they've done but the lift it self is $1495 and the tires are $300 each. Also adding the hinge reinforcement and relocator which I think is $625, and that's all before labor

OCRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
Do we know if Rydell is using the standard Money Factor, or do they markup? The money factor for May should be .00203
The short answer to your question is that Rydell is inflating the money factor on leases. Instead of the base CCAP money factor of .00203 (4.87% APR), they are jacking it up to .00273 (6.55% APR). This is for Tier 1 credit.

I'm planning to write up a long summary of my terrible experience with Rydell, which culminated with them jacking the base CCAP money factor up to an inflated .00273 on the day my 4xe arrived (after waiting 30 days for an in-transit order). Multiple calls, texts and emails about the terms being @ CCAP base money factor and they pulled this B.S. upon arrival, claiming they were entitled to make a higher profit on the vehicle due to increased "market demand". I don't deal well with unethical people and organizations.

Save yourself some time and $ and look elsewhere.
Sponsored