Do you like it?

• Total voters

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I put a poll about a bumper and 43% said it's ugly, 52% said find something else.

Here's a new poll for a different bumper.

What's good or bad about it?

SmartSelect_20181110-074958_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Get what you like. No one else is driving it, personalization is about exactly that, personalization. You have probably noticed, there are a lot of bumpers out there, and more coming. You have your own budget, others have their budget. Now, if you have concerns about quality, you can ask people what they think about Brand X. Or if you have functional concerns, you can ask about pluses/minuses of stubby/mid/full size bumpers. If you honestly don't know if you like the bumper or not, hold off until something you know you like comes along.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Voted yes. Because I think YOU like it, and that's enough to make me like it. Point of customization is to make it something you like, not something for the masses. Stock is for the masses, by definition.

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I guess the better question is, I don't really know what to look for in a bumper but this one looks nice to me.

I was on the fence about the other one but ended up not going for it because of the results, which I'm glad I got the results of the poll. I don't want to put something on there that looks bad, so feedback helps. I know eventually it's what I want to put there but it helps to get other opinions. Appreciate it, thanks!

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I think with bumpers...front or rear...you get what you pay for. Spend the extra cash if you can and get something that's good quality. Personally, I'm a fan of Addictive Desert Designs and I have their Stealth bumper on the front and rear of my JLUR. I also like Poison Spyder as well.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I voted no, because I like when the winch is mounted lower in the bumper.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@Jeepney18 … Like you, I wasn't sure what to look for in a bumper. I ordered the plastic all around since I knew I'd replace it with aftermarket pieces of steel. I scoured all the bumper topics looking at other rigs until I found what I thought looked good and had what I wanted. I knew I wanted full-width with a bull bar, I wanted to be able to mount fog lights, I wanted to hang a couple of nipple rings, I had no immediate plans to install a winch, and I wanted something that looked sharp. I settled on the LoD Destroyer based on a recommendation from @MALL R8D . I liked the way the stubby looked on hers. Sure, there were others that offered what I wanted. I did some homework, read good things about @lodoffroad , compared it to a few others, and gave them my credit card info. But @ads75 and @BlackRook pretty much nailed it. You have to like it and it's all about personalization. The more you ask what people think, the more undecided you'll become & you'll get bumper vertigo. Then you'll start doing the same for the rear bumper.

What I think you'd be better off doing is deciding on a few and comb the forum for what people have to say about the manufacturer, quality, packaging, shipping, etc. There are a few to avoid... and I'm pretty sure you'll come across them. That helped narrow things down for me. Start with a budget, and may The Force be with you.

In this thread, I listed why I went with the LoD up front.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...y-with-warm-zeon-10s.13652/page-3#post-352531

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
@Jeepney18 … Like you, I wasn't sure what to look for in a bumper. I ordered the plastic all around since I knew I'd replace it with aftermarket pieces of steel. I scoured all the bumper topics looking at other rigs until I found what I thought looked good and had what I wanted. I knew I wanted full-width with a bull bar, I wanted to be able to mount fog lights, I wanted to hang a couple of nipple rings, I had no immediate plans to install a winch, and I wanted something that looked sharp. I settled on the LoD Destroyer based on a recommendation from @MALL R8D . I liked the way the stubby looked on hers. Sure, there were others that offered what I wanted. I did some homework, read good things about @lodoffroad , compared it to a few others, and gave them my credit card info. But @ads75 and @BlackRook pretty much nailed it. You have to like it and it's all about personalization. The more you ask what people think, the more undecided you'll become & you'll get bumper vertigo. Then you'll start doing the same for the rear bumper.

What I think you'd be better off doing is deciding on a few and comb the forum for what people have to say about the manufacturer, quality, packaging, shipping, etc. There are a few to avoid... and I'm pretty sure you'll come across them. That helped narrow things down for me. Start with a budget, and may The Force be with you.

In this thread, I listed why I went with the LoD up front.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...y-with-warm-zeon-10s.13652/page-3#post-352531
I laughed out loud at nipple rings.

Sponsored

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
Ends are to squared off looking.
Sponsored