Sponsored

Poll: Sunshades, what one is best and why?

Which sunshade is best and why?

• Total voters

Tridgerat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I chose the Alien Sunshade. Not sure if it is the "best" but it was less expensive than most, doesn't require the windshield to be down to put on or remove and can stay on once installed without interfering with the Freedom tops.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I think they all have features that will appeal to some more than others. I have to put my Freedom panels back on every day, so I wanted an option that made taking them on and off quick and painless. I don't take the full hard top off (yet) so I didn't really want a sunshade that covered the front and back. For me, that worked out as an Alienshade. For someone with different needs, the JTop might make more sense.

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Can’t beat Alien for the price.

Phynal

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU HR
We have several Alien shades for our JKs and love them. I originally went for Alien because they printed the design I wanted on black mesh instead of white (like others do) and it was a good price.

Now I really like the features of the Jtops - protection for the paint under the straps and the magnetic front that folds back to access the freedom panel latches. I'm considering that for the JL we're about to order.

In the end though, they're all pretty good. I'll probably go for whoever has the best graphics.

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Now I really like the features of the Jtops - protection for the paint under the straps and the magnetic front that folds back to access the freedom panel latches.
This is something I'm wondering about. Do any of the attachment methods damage the painted rollbar? I'm assuming there were no problems on the previous padded rollbars on the JK, but with the JL is it a different story?

I can still be picky about my paint because my JL is ordered but not here yet!

Phynal

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU HR
This is something I'm wondering about. Do any of the attachment methods damage the painted rollbar? I'm assuming there were no problems on the previous padded rollbars on the JK, but with the JL is it a different story?

I can still be picky about my paint because my JL is ordered but not here yet!
I don't know how much danger there is, but I'm extra cautious. It kills me there's no roll bar padding on the JL. I remember seeing somewhere that the rear crossmember of the roll cage dot scratched by a sunshade flapping, but I can't find the post.

Under the straps on the JTops, there is a little pad to prevent just in case. I like that.

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Alien Shade! Great customer service, affordable price, super fast shipping, great fit, works with hard top or soft top, no need to take down the window, cool green little alien!

OP
OP
American Adventurist

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Alien Shade! Great customer service, affordable price, super fast shipping, great fit, works with hard top or soft top, no need to take down the window, cool green little alien!
Thanks for the input!

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

I went with the JTopsUSA. Here is a video of the install. Great quality. It uses straps instead of bungees. The owner Mike cares a lot about the quality and customer service.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
From what I've been able to tell, The JTOPS sunshade is the best fitting one available. It fits the exact shape of the JL and is high quality.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Soft top in safari mode for the win...

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue

I went with the JTopsUSA. Here is a video of the install. Great quality. It uses straps instead of bungees. The owner Mike cares a lot about the quality and customer service.
watch their video. It shows you how to tuck away the straps so you don't need the zip ties in case you don't want them.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
watch their video. It shows you how to tuck away the straps so you don't need the zip ties in case you don't want them.

Yeah I realized that after. I left a comment in the description explaining and I have a link pop up on the video that takes you to their YouTube channel saying that you don't need them.
Sponsored