Sponsored

Poll: Sunshades, what one is best and why?

Which sunshade is best and why?

• Total voters

wangdiddy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Casting my vote for Alien Sunshade. Works perfectly with my Sky One-Touch top and their customer service is second-to-none.

20190426_150644.jpg
sick side doors. which ones are those? can you send me the link to buy? Also any tips on installing the alien shade? I just ordered on amazon. I think I saw your pics on there too haha
Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I went with the JTops for a few reasons:
  • I have 4 door and wanted full coverage (doing separate front and back leaves gaps around each so less protection from sun, etc)
  • The JTops uses clips rather than bungees. Just like your stock jeep grab handles use. So not as much wear on your rollbar covers with small pressure points from bungees, the straps will never lose their tension like bungees, the balls will never pop off rendering a bungee unusable, etc.
  • The JTops has some cross member support to keep things from flapping
  • The JTops covers entirely from front to back with no gaps. The sides are woven and reinforced so they fit very smooth all the way down the sides (less flapping, no gaps, clean look)
  • Will fit under my hard top without having to undo anything (summer time can be left on whether I'm using my hardtop or not)
The only cons I see:
  • They are a bit pricey (but you're paying for quality)

There are a ton of options online for bungee type. I like that the JTops used straps with clips and the quality is great and the fit and finish are impressive.
These are basically the same reasons I chose the JTops sunshade. They also gave me a very nice military discount. They were very prompt in communications with me.
As an FYI, I also have the JPeggz footpeg/mirror combo, partner/sister company. My wife got them for me as a father's day gift. When I asked her if she got the military discount she said she didn't know they offered it. She contacted them and they sent her a refund via PayPal. I wholeheartedly support this vendor!

Last edited:

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I originally had alien sunshade and the clips stretched out by the windshield and the shade started to tear by the holding points. Customer service said they would send me out a new replacement, that was 7 months ago.

Xeefactor

First Name
Leasia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport jl
These are basically the same reasons I chose the JTops sunshade. They also gave me a very nice military discount. They were very prompt in communications with me.
As an FYI, I also have the JPeggz footpeg/mirror combo, partner/sister company. My wife got them for me as a father's day gift. When I asked her if she got the military discount she said she didn't know they offered it. She contacted them and they sent her a refund via PayPal. I wholeheartedly support this vendor!
How much was the military discount. I’m between jtops and spiderweb

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at going with a JTops but they don't make on for the Sky One Touch so went with Spiderwebshade. I had the older version on my JK and I like the new one a lot once I got the hang of the install. Holds very tight at highway speeds and the Teal matches very well with my Bikini color.

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
Happy with the Spiderwebshade. Easy to install and works great!

Hellayellablueberry.jpg

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey guys...looking to make this my next purchase (as I patiently wait for my hardtop hoist to arrive)

Since most of you have had some time with your respects choices.....anyone have any further update to their purchase?.. positive or negative?

Id like to avoid having to take windshield down for install

Thanks in advance,
Jay
Sponsored