Sponsored

Poll: Sunshades, what one is best and why?

Which sunshade is best and why?

• Total voters

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
JTops has a great way to get the front freedom panel latches in place...but they forgot the side and back. I love my sun shade but damn...to get my man hands up in there to secure the freedom panel latches is a pain in the ass.
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I am considering the front & back option and occasionally have the front one in. My son is 6 and complains about too much wind so I figure it would be a way of satisfying me and the wife, while keeping him content.
In the front seats while driving there is no difference with wind with or without the front screen, The back seat though may have additional wind without the front installed. I will not be putting the front screen back in because it sits too low for me and we rarely have back seat passengers besides the dog.

Repsol69

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
Alien Shade! Great customer service, affordable price, super fast shipping, great fit, easy install, works with hard top or soft top, no need to take down the window, can install just front or back or both....cool green little alien!

HellaYella

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2dr (first Jeep ordered 2-7)
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with my Alien Shade...great quality and most importantly works as it should.

Sponsored

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
I have a JTops sunshade. It is an incredibly well-made item, and strictly considering the shade aspect I have no doubts it is beyond comparison with the Alien and Spiderweb options. The material extends far enough to the sides and back to give full coverage with no gaps, the straps hold the shade in place perfectly, and the titanium mesh provides unmatched UV protection.

However, beyond its use as just a shade, there are some unfortunate issues. The freedom tops are not nearly as easy to remove or install as JTops would suggest, at least for me. The back latches are difficult to access despite the cutouts, and the sides have no cutouts so you have to try to coax the latch into place by pushing on it through the mesh.

The JTops shade also interferes with many other accessories such as flashlight mounts, grab handles, or even roof rack mounting brackets due to how far it extends to the side and the placement and size of the straps.

I'm strongly considering replacing my JTops with a Spiderweb soon.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
[QUOTE="threeve, post: 742350, member: 24464"
However, beyond its use as just a shade, there are some unfortunate issues. The freedom tops are not nearly as easy to remove or install as JTops would suggest, at least for me. The back latches are difficult to access despite the cutouts, and the sides have no cutouts so you have to try to coax the latch into place by pushing on it through the mesh.

The JTops shade also interferes with many other accessories such as flashlight mounts, grab handles, or even roof rack mounting brackets due to how far it extends to the side and the placement and size of the straps.

I'm strongly considering replacing my JTops with a Spiderweb soon.[/QUOTE]

With the Spiderweb it's a little tricky, but just took a second to get used to, as far as the freedom top. It wasn't, an OMG, I HATE THIS at all. It was just, oh good turn my hand like that now.

Also, as far as removing the whole thing, I clean it pretty regularly. Easy to take off and on and doesn't interfere with my grab handles and things.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Like it says, which would you choose and why?
I chose the Spiderwebshade because they're the original. And they're made in America. I know lots of folks running them on JK's. I did like the idea of the split shades done by Alien, but then, I read threads like this.

This is BY FAR AND LARGE the best mod to date for our Jeep. I know I haven't gotten my lift yet, but I think long term, this will always be a must have.

61866195_147750236344941_3587667198141083644_n-jpg-_nc_ht-instagram-fboi1-1-fna-fbcdn-jpg.jpg

....The freedom tops are not nearly as easy to remove or install as JTops would suggest, at least for me. The back latches are difficult to access despite the cutouts, and the sides have no cutouts so you have to try to coax the latch into place by pushing on it through the mesh....

I'm strongly considering replacing my JTops with a Spiderweb soon.
With the Spiderweb it's a little tricky but just took a second to get used to, as far as the freedom top.

Also, as far as removing the whole thing, I clean it pretty regularly. Easy to take off and on and doesn't interfere with my grab handles and things.

raddoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Finally installed my front and rear alien sunshades. Blue accent for punk'n orange

20190624_091454.jpg

20190623_170820.jpg

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Loving my Alien sunshade.

On a side note. If your looking for a cheaper option check Ebay. Won a generic full coverage sunshade for my TJ for $17 this morning.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
+1 SpiderWeb - Easy to put on and made in the USA. :flag:

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Have been enjoying my Alien shade for the past few months, now. It compliments the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop perfectly!

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Web results
Voodonala Sunshade for Jeep JL Front Shade Mesh Top for 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2 or 4-Door JL JLU Unlimited Plain Black: Automotive - Amazon.com
Amazon.com › Voodonala-Sunshade-Wr...
I have this same as Alien Sunshade
Awesome product $39.00
Sponsored