Sponsored

Bumper damage and mismatch - need advice!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Ran into a few issues with my bumper install and was hoping to get some feedback. I ordered two different brands for front and back. Each had the features/look that I wanted. They came tonight and the front has a pretty decent ding, the rear has a minor ding and the finishes are noticeably different.

So, the first question is how Quadratec will deal with the shipping damage....send back in exchange, offer a discount, etc? It can't be cheap to ship these things. Both bumpers were packaged pretty poorly and it doesn't surprise me that they sustained damage.

Second question... how to deal with the different finishes. I really don't want to dump more time and money into powder coating. I'm not sure you really see the front and rear bumpers at the same time on these rigs, but also don't want something that looks completely mismatched. The rear is textured and more glossy. Front is basically flat black.

At the present I have a JL without a front bumper and REALLY don't want to take the time to put it back together.

Here are some pics to illustrate. Love to hear your thoughts:

Front bumper is a Quadratec Aluminum Brute Strength Winch bumper. As far as I can tell, they don't make a matching rear...
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 8.07.16 PM.png

Rear is a DV8 full length rear with LED lights.
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 8.09.04 PM.png

Front damage and finish.
IMG_7563.jpeg

Rear finish.
IMG_7569.jpeg
Are you concerned that they were even able to be damaged during transit? I hit a CRV, caused more than $5K of damage, and my OEM Steel bumper was unscathed. Seems like they should be immune to most shipping damage.
Sponsored

FedeF

First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Hi Minisoda,
Have you ended up installing the Quadratec front bumper?
If you had, could yuplease share your comments and photo?
Thabks