Bricked 8.4NAV "Update Failed, Error Code: 20"

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
No news for me either, still on order. Fingers crossed it shows up sooner rather than later.
How long have you been waiting for one? It'll be 3 weeks Saturday for me. I find it hard to believe they cannot get one of this units. I am sure they have a couple hundred sitting at the manufacturing plant as I haven't heard that Jeep stop production of vehicles due to not having Uconnect units!
Sponsored

Sp1kez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
How long have you been waiting for one? It'll be 3 weeks Saturday for me. I find it hard to believe they cannot get one of this units. I am sure they have a couple hundred sitting at the manufacturing plant as I haven't heard that Jeep stop production of vehicles due to not having Uconnect units!

Mine didn't come as stated on the 15th so now they're saying June 23...but probably longer ugh

AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, Ducati Monster 796
I am in Canada, so I don't know if that will play make things different for me. That being said, my understanding is that the dealership placed the order 3 weeks ago. I checked in with them today, as they originally thought it would arrive in 1-2 weeks based on their experience and the fact that the unit was listed in their system as available. I was not fully sure, given the whole covid situation. That being said, I called today to see if they had any updates. They are now saying that the system lists the unit as being on backorder. They were not able to provide any clarity regarding whether the unit they tried to order for me in fact shipped, or if I also am in the backorder queue.

I don't fault the dealership, as I'm not really sure what else they can do. However, I am extremely upset about this situation. My worry is that the backorder situation may take months. I know there are all sorts of manufacturing delays with numerous products, and my understanding is that there is also a shortage of processing chips, possibly something the unit needs. Hoping it doesn't take months. In addition, I'm surprised FCA isn't offering some sort of compensation for services lost, such as uconnect/guardian/sirius... I was hoping to do a bit of a road trip this summer to give the family something fun to look forward to. It sucks knowing we don't have summer tunes, GPS, or emergency services.

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I am in Canada, so I don't know if that will play make things different for me. That being said, my understanding is that the dealership placed the order 3 weeks ago. I checked in with them today, as they originally thought it would arrive in 1-2 weeks based on their experience and the fact that the unit was listed in their system as available. I was not fully sure, given the whole covid situation. That being said, I called today to see if they had any updates. They are now saying that the system lists the unit as being on backorder. They were not able to provide any clarity regarding whether the unit they tried to order for me in fact shipped, or if I also am in the backorder queue.

I don't fault the dealership, as I'm not really sure what else they can do. However, I am extremely upset about this situation. My worry is that the backorder situation may take months. I know there are all sorts of manufacturing delays with numerous products, and my understanding is that there is also a shortage of processing chips, possibly something the unit needs. Hoping it doesn't take months. In addition, I'm surprised FCA isn't offering some sort of compensation for services lost, such as uconnect/guardian/sirius... I was hoping to do a bit of a road trip this summer to give the family something fun to look forward to. It sucks knowing we don't have summer tunes, GPS, or emergency services.
My dealer and the Uconnect case manager are saying mine is shipping today and sent me a tracking number(comes up only as label made) and should be here 2 days. Fingers crossed.

AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer and the Uconnect case manager are saying mine is shipping today and sent me a tracking number(comes up only as label made) and should be here 2 days. Fingers crossed.
That's great news Jeff. Hope it works out well for you. Maybe mine won't be far behind. I'm trying to keep positive. Let me know how it goes :)

Sponsored

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
Good morning everyone,

We're saddened to hear that you are experiencing similar concerns with this Error 20 code. If you are experiencing concerns with your Uconnect system at all and would like an extra layer of support while working with your certified dealer to get this addressed as efficiently as possible, please don't hesitate to let us know via private messages!

If possible, please include any documentation and details about your concerns so that we have a better understanding, along with your VIN.

Thank you,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
I sent a message a couple of days ago, how long before you guys can have a look at it? thanks.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Has anyone noticed any benefits at all from this most recent update? Mine still has all the same bugs it had before this update and the update before that.

NullNomad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has anyone noticed any benefits at all from this most recent update? Mine still has all the same bugs it had before this update and the update before that.
I don't have the random reboots anymore, but all the other issues are still there for me.

AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If any of you get any info regarding if the item has come out of backorder, could you please give a heads up. Thanks

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If any of you get any info regarding if the item has come out of backorder, could you please give a heads up. Thanks
While they gave me a tracking number for 2 day delivery, nothing comes up other than a lablel was printed on Friday 18th.. Pretty frustrating and my Jeep cares rep does not return calls.

Sponsored

AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While they gave me a tracking number for 2 day delivery, nothing comes up other than a lablel was printed on Friday 18th.. Pretty frustrating and my Jeep cares rep does not return calls.
I don't think I have JeepCares in Canada. I'm getting some help from an FCA employee, but am waiting to hear back from them while they look into it.

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I don't think I have JeepCares in Canada. I'm getting some help from an FCA employee, but am waiting to hear back from them while they look into it.
Try this, or private message jeepcares on this forum. Good luck with them
FCA Customer Care Canada 800-465-2001

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I sent a message a couple of days ago, how long before you guys can have a look at it? thanks.
Hi Sten--

We responded to your private message yesterday. Please check your inbox!

If anyone is experiencing these concerns and is planning on working with their dealer to get this properly resolved, please feel free to send our team a private message. We'd be happy to look into setting up additional support alongside your dealer, throughout the repair process.

If anyone has questions, let us know!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Buckleyjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ, 99 TJ, 2003 TJ, 2018 JLUR
I own a 2018 Wrangler but also own a 2018 Grand Cherokee. I received the UConnect Update on the GC last Friday which bricked the radio/head unit via error code 20. It drains the battery making the car undrivable unless you leave it on a charger or get a jump.

I contacted Uconnect directly and they opened a case. They also said it would be covered even though Iā€™m just past warranty. They said the dealer can pull a fuse and it would be drivable until the refurbished unit was ready.

When I brought it to the dealer on Tuesday they said you couldnā€™t pull the fuse and that I should contact ā€œChryslerā€ and that Uconnect didnā€™t know what they were talking about and was a separate company. So I reached out to JeepCares, who in turn contacted Uconnect. Jeep Cares and Uconnect can work together as they are both part of same company, which was nice.

Uconnect called the dealer again and walked them through how to pull the fuse. So now I have the car back, waiting for a new unit. Everything works, including AC, except the radio/display. Thanks to JeepCare and Uconnect for helping here. They made a difference.

By the way, in a Grand Cherokee with 5.7 hemi the fuse is under the passenger seat by the battery. Very hard to find. Orange doggle looking thing.

Sp1kez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
A month later and still no radio replacement. I'm going to show up at the dealership tomorrow at open to see what the deal is.

Did you guys ask for a tracking number for the dealer's radio order?
Sponsored