Bra/Bug Deflector?

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Sorry, not sure if you are asking about the Aeroskin II or something else?
Sorry...yeah the Aeroskin. Had a Rugged Ridge deflector on the hood of my JK. Was held in place with a little tape and some screws on the underside of the hood sonif you took it off it wouldn’t leave residue on the top of the hood. Was wondering if the aeroskin is the same?
Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Sorry...yeah the Aeroskin. Had a Rugged Ridge deflector on the hood of my JK. Was held in place with a little tape and some screws on the underside of the hood sonif you took it off it wouldn’t leave residue on the top of the hood. Was wondering if the aeroskin is the same?

The Aeroskin has 3M molding tape already attached to the bottom of the plastic deflector when you get it in the box. The 3M stuff outlines the entire deflector and it tapes down to the hood. There are no screws at all.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok peeps so here is a review of the AVS Aeroskin II. It looks great on the hood and will protect the front edge of the hood and the rest of the hood due to the lip on the deflector.

However, its supposed to deflect bugs and it sucks. Not sure about rocks yet. Here is the bug attack on my windshield...

I got home after a night drive and screamed...c'mon man!!!

20180429_180916.jpg

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having a hell of a time getting a deflector. I ordered the AVS model y'all have been chatting about above on 4/9, was told it was on back order til the end of April, still hadn't heard anything so checked again today, now expected by the end of May (CJ Pony Parts). I can't seem to find this model on carid or other sites, but some folks have clearly had luck getting their hands on one. Anyone have any recommendations?

Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm having a hell of a time getting a deflector. I ordered the AVS model y'all have been chatting about above on 4/9, was told it was on back order til the end of April, still hadn't heard anything so checked again today, now expected by the end of May (CJ Pony Parts). I can't seem to find this model on carid or other sites, but some folks have clearly had luck getting their hands on one. Anyone have any recommendations?
No recommendations sorry. I got mine on CARiD. Maybe the timing was good.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Ordered this also with no expectation it would reduce bug splats.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Last edited:

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
Never looked. I opened the box and saw the material and said no effing way is that going on my Jeep. I got the Aeroskin too. Looks great just my bushwacker on my last jku. I never found anything that helped with the bugs but the aero and bushwacker saved the front lip of the hood every day.

Sponsored

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Ok peeps so here is a review of the AVS Aeroskin II. It looks great on the hood and will protect the front edge of the hood and the rest of the hood due to the lip on the deflector.

However, its supposed to deflect bugs and it sucks. Not sure about rocks yet. Here is the bug attack on my windshield...

20180429_180916.jpg
Curious - Did you get the windshield crack before or after the deflector was installed?

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon

20180429_180916.jpg

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Anyone in this discussion have a soft top with the Aeroskin? Does it make a lot of noise?
Sponsored