First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I was amazed at how bad the Jeep windshield was with bugs. It not only caught more, but they didnā€™t glance off. They just splattered right there.
I heard the original RainX rub-on stuff made them not stick, so wipers could remove them. It didnā€™t.
RainX washer fluid doesnā€™t seem any better than the cheap stuff either.
Just gotta scrub ā€˜em off. I donā€™t care too much about a spotless vehicle, but I gotta have a clean windshield.
Along with free air, good windshield washing gear is mandatory for a go-to gas station, I say.

KodyT215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Does anyone have any ideas to prevent bug marks on the windshield? This is my first Jeep so this is well...bugging me!! I have a 2018 JL Sahara. Does Rainex help??
It's bug season and you live in CT so spray with glass cleaner and wipe off. I've owned many jeeps and they collect the most bugs by far

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I clean with Chemical Guys Glass Only, then clay to make sure it is clean, and then seal. This is the same sealant I use on the paint. Works really well (for me) and easy to clean for months. It'll last 6 months, but I do mine every 4.

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I just drove mine widthwise across the state of Florida, of course it's love bug season, right all over my new car. Anyway took it to get hand washed and the bugs removed right away upon my arrival. Living in Florida bugs on my windshield has been the bane of my existence (last car was a Hummer H3 so the vertical windshield was similar) Best thing you can do is just use the windshield wash liberally. As soon as one hits it, spray it, get it off. As soon as it starts to dry it's too late. When i refill the fluid i use the Peak with Bug Wash that you can find in almost any gas station, it definitely works better than just regular wash and worth the extra buck it costs in my opinion..........I've always wondered why we don't just use those NASCAR style windshield tear offs for long road trips?!

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
McKees glass coat then top it with P&S Beadmaker every wash. Nothing sticks to my windshield or any other glass. Coated all the glass on the Jeep and ceramic coated the paint myself the day after I bought it. I live in Florida with all types of bugs year round but love bug season is here and the worst. No issue with the protection I have

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clean the entire windshield with #0000 steel wool.
It is very fine and will not scratch.
Use the steel wool dry. No water or cleaners.

It will then be completely clean.
Actually polishes the glass.

Apply Zaino glass polish.

http://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-12.html

You'll still get the bug splatter, but they will wipe of a lot easier.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I use RainX. It makes easier to remove those nasty bugs.
Sponsored