First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JLU)
Occupation
Railroad Engineer
I have NEVER seen so many bugs meet their mercy on a windshield in my life! Every trip, whether its 20 miles or 100 miles, my windshield is covered. I have to clean it every time I drive it. Does anyone else have this issue or did I get the upgraded windshield with bug attractant?!?!
Sponsored

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
I have NEVER seen so many bugs meet their mercy on a windshield in my life! Every trip, whether its 20 miles or 100 miles, my windshield is covered. I have to clean it every time I drive it. Does anyone else have this issue or did I get the upgraded windshield with bug attractant?!?!
That is the best feature of the wrangler. Decreasing the bug population 1 mile at a time. You are not alone,

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Yup - same here. For the first time that I can recall I've stopped at a gas station just to clean the windshield and don't even buy gas, and I'm not one that usually cares to have a spotless windshield. Done it a few times even though I feel a little guilty doing it.

Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
So far the bug collection is a fraction of what I got on my FJ Cruiser. Road trips were... hazardous. In the height of summer, there were a few times I had to pull over and wipe the windshield down with a paper towel.

We haven't even hit peak bug season yet! I'm excited to see just how much the new windshield angle on the JL does for me!

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
So far the bug collection is a fraction of what I got on my FJ Cruiser. Road trips were... hazardous. In the height of summer, there were a few times I had to pull over and wipe the windshield down with a paper towel.

We haven't even hit peak bug season yet! I'm excited to see just how much the new windshield angle on the JL does for me!
Same - I have a feeling it's only gonna get worse for you and me both. :jk:

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
As a "former" detailer I have to say, bugs guts and bird shit WILL ruin your paint if you leave it on too long. I can't tell y'all how many painted bumpers, side mirrors and hoods that had permanent scars. But Mr Jimmy, won't that "wax" out, no Poindexter it will not: you see, your paint is made up of a base or primer coat, followed by the color layer, then a clear coat. That bug spatter ate through the clear and into the color, no amount of buffing or even wet sanding will make it right.Let me give you the name of my bodyshop guy - he'll be happy to repaint it for you. Then, maybe either wash your truck more often than yearly or invest in a clear film.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
The silver lining is that it’s a very small windshield, and easy to wash.
Glass-half-full Joe

Sponsored

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Better than a tire to the windshield, like someone else on here had.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
I do it once a day. Not even joking.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
We had a bad love-bug season this year. Seems to be over or just about now, but man it makes a mess.

I did notice with the ceramic coating, I just took a wet sponge and wiped them right off.

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Yup - same here. For the first time that I can recall I've stopped at a gas station just to clean the windshield and don't even buy gas, and I'm not one that usually cares to have a spotless windshield. Done it a few times even though I feel a little guilty doing it.
I've definitely done this a couple times. My wife thought it was stupid, but I told her to quiet down otherwise I'd put the windshield down.

OP
OP
JLFig9

JLFig9

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JLU)
Occupation
Railroad Engineer
In all seriousness, what do you all use for bug gunk on the grill, fenders, etc.. (painted areas)? Is it as simple as water and rag/sponge? Or is their a safer better way? Thanks for the input. I just dont want bugs staining the paint
Sponsored