Sponsored

BUGS!! Cleaning dead bug guts off your vehicle?

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

How does everyone go about getting dead bug guts off your vehicle? We essentially drive a toaster on wheels, and all of the flat straight up surfaces tend to destroy bugs, especially out in the country roads where I drive. A pressure washer does good on the windshield, but not on painted surfaces and the grille.

Are there certain chemicals/solutions you have found specifically helpful and effective in your time owning a vehicle?
Sponsored

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland HA
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase
I had an issue with the dreaded love bugs on I-10 between AL and TX. After some research I discovered used dryer sheets work great for removing love bug guts from the front of the Jeep. They did it just fine with some windex.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I use a product called bug slide on my motorcycle. It works great for removing the bugs. I do have the bike ceramic coated so that helps as well.

One trip in a clean Jeep and I return with bugs all over...I decided to try the bug slide and it works great for quick touch ups between drives. I wouldn't go detailing my whole Jeep with it...but I do the grill, windshield, and leading edge of the front flares regularly. My Jeep never gets driven in rain or crummy weather, so bugs are really the only thing I contend with. This product allows me to wash it less frequently and keep it clean longer.

I will say, I probably would not do this on many colors, but white is forgiving and I can't stand a dirty Jeep. plus this is not my DD, so it sits often and I like to have it shined up when I do end up driving it.

check it out...
https://www.bugslide.com/

Sponsored

Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Just before the bug season, put a good coat of wax on your grill.
Then I just use a face wash cloth on both my windshield and grill area. Make sure that the face cloth is really wet with water, and then follow behind with a dry cloth. This works great.....

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
On the way home from picking my Jeep up i picked up a million bugs. They were caked on the bumper grille and windshield. This thing is a giant bug magnet.

I picked up some Mothers Speed foaming bug and tar remover. Sprayed it on let it sit for a minute or two then spayed it off. Worked like a charm.

Then I washed my Jeep with Maguires Deep Crystal wash. Then air dryed with a blower. After the Jeep was dry I applied Griots Ceramic all in one Wax for a protective coating.

I'm thinking now that I have the Wax coating on the Mother's Speed Bug remover will work even better. Even though it worked great the first time without it.

20220621_160909.jpg

20220621_160957.jpg

20220621_161759.jpg
Sponsored