Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Got an email stating they are having a little promotion basically a free Bolt pad lock with purchase of JL hood lock. My question is how well do these hold up and are there any known issues before I place my order? Yes I realize there are a million threads regarding the Bolt hood lock but I am looking for current updates.
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had it for a month or two. Works perfectly. Easy install, no complaints

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Installed the Bolt hood lock about 3 months ago. Super easy install and all is working great.

I like the ability to remove the key in the unlock position. Can't do that with the Mopar lock that costs twice as much.

Bolt products are great quality, speaking from experience with other Bolt locks.

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Got an email stating they are having a little promotion basically a free Bolt pad lock with purchase of JL hood lock. My question is how well do these hold up and are there any known issues before I place my order? Yes I realize there are a million threads regarding the Bolt hood lock but I am looking for current updates.
Is the special for anyone or have to sign up for a mailing list?

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Bolt hood lock about 3 months ago. Super easy install and all is working great.

I like the ability to remove the key in the unlock position. Can't do that with the Mopar lock that costs twice as much.

Bolt products are great quality, speaking from experience with other Bolt locks.

NO, it was in my email and on the site, I suppose its not such a great deal but a free lock that will set to your factory key was enough for me to buy..

https://www.northridge4x4.com/search?q=bolt &hPP=21&idx=products&p=0

Sponsored

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Bolt seems to be the most popular option besides OEM. OEM requires pins etc but works perfect. Have the OEM gas cap lock as well. You can remove the key from the locked position and the hood still closes to a partial lock. But is better to turn the cylinder lock fully with the key.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Hey guys, I have the Bolt hood lock. Was getting ready to install, but my rivet gun won’t handle rivets as big as the ones they sent. :-(. Went to the hardware store and they don’t sell a larger rivet gun. Does anyone know what size gun I need... so I can order it off line?

mshields

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab

Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I am extremely interested in the Bolt system, however I have some owners complaining of a rattling from the device as time goes on. I assume these could have been related to improper installation. I have recently installed the Mopar locking gas cap and keyed it to my key fob took 10 minutes, saved $100.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Guys, thanks for the recommendations on the rivet gun. I’ve got the cheap one on order from Amazon, since I won’t be doing a lot of riveting. To the last post, I too install the Mopar locking gas cap, and Love it. I’m hoping the bolt hood lock works as well. I’m guessing it’s important to get the rivets tight.

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have zero rattling, zero movement. If people are stating any kind of noise they did not install the rivets properly, make sure the rivets are pushed down flush and firm to the metal even while you ratchet the rivet gun. When installed properly it will be solid with ZERO movement.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I have zero rattling, zero movement. If people are stating any kind of noise they did not install the rivets properly, make sure the rivets are pushed down flush and firm to the metal even while you ratchet the rivet gun. When installed properly it will be solid with ZERO movement.
How easy was it to change the grill insert which allows for you to access the actual key hole? Is it just a simple unscrew the screw in or do you have to cut the existing one?

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
How easy was it to change the grill insert which allows for you to access the actual key hole? Is it just a simple unscrew the screw in or do you have to cut the existing one?
The kit came with a new insert that already has the hole cut out.
Sponsored