OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I took mine to the body shop at the Dealer... it was a cheaper labor rate at the body shop. 15 min later the steps were installed. They charged me 1 hr of labor. Well worth it.
They didn’t do all the wiring for the hour labor did they? If so you got a damn good deal
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Anybody got those body bolt part #s? I've got RSE step sliders begging to be installed...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Fire Burns I have the part numbers for the 2 dr. but not the 4 dr..

The part numbers for the 4 dr may be different.

I suggest speaking with a Jeep dealership parts guy in regard to parts numbers.

Do verify my part numbers below with your parts guy.

My parts guy said the body bolts are not clearly marked which are for which on the parts listing on their computer. He said there were 6 different body bolt part numbers. He ordered 2 of each part number and by process of elimination when they arrived at the dealership we came up with the 4, I actually needed.. Was a real cluster fruck, but the parts guy was decent about it and carrier the ball over the finish line so to speak. After the fact, I actually sent a well done letter regarding his actions to the GM and owner of the dealership.

Per my dealership parts receipt for the four, 2 dr. body bolts:
Quantity 2 - Mopar part# 6511826AA $3.85 each
Quantity 2 - Mopar part# 6508326AA $19.83 each - ouch!

wyobob44

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 , 17 Indian Chieftain, 12 Ford F-350 Dually 4X4, 74 Jeep Wangoneer
Occupation
Retired
From my sleuthing and digging on the good old interweb I have come up with the bolts being 12mmX1.75mmX100mm grade 10.8, Can anyone confirm this size? This information came from Rock Hard for their slider installation.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. I added my steps before I saw any of these threads. Lol
I wouldn't worry much about it. Mostly in my vehicles over the years I've used bolts/nuts from Ace hardware. Either standard, grade 5 or 8 depending on the usage. No issues. Pretty sure after rebuilding the floors on my CJ5, the body was held to the frame with Ace Hardware bolts. 15 years of ownership driven around the country, offroading in the Rockies and Moab, no problem.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Meh. Torqued mine to 92. 0 issues. You can feel when a bolt is about to go. Didn't come close.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Hope this helps.

E6ECC4B9-58F3-4E33-88CA-9E76E7D9D790.jpeg
Thank you , good info to share.
I ended up researching on my own and finding the same specs , did mine no problem and torqued them to 92 foot pounds. it’s always best to follow the factory torque spec. reused my old bolts no problem. I was getting a lot of fake news telling me 70-80 pounds. glad I did the research and it’s good that you’re sharing real facts. Accurate torque is critical it’s 92 pounds Not 91 not 93 that’s pretty precise. lol
I’m not one of those that think I’m smarter than the engineers that built and designed my jeep.

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Thank you , good info to share.
I ended up researching on my own and finding the same specs , did mine no problem and torqued them to 92 foot pounds. it’s always best to follow the factory torque spec. reused my old bolts no problem. I was getting a lot of fake news telling me 70-80 pounds. glad I did the research and it’s good that you’re sharing real facts. Accurate torque is critical it’s 92 pounds Not 91 not 93 that’s pretty precise. lol
I’m not one of those that think I’m smarter than the engineers that built and designed my jeep.
Agreed. :like:

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
From my sleuthing and digging on the good old interweb I have come up with the bolts being 12mmX1.75mmX100mm grade 10.8, Can anyone confirm this size? This information came from Rock Hard for their slider installation.
I would caution that it is not only the size that is important, but also its metallic composition. Certain alloys react better than others do in terms of corrosion from dissimilar metals being in direct contact with each other.
This is especially important on a car, where the body and frame carry the negative pole of the electrical circuit.

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone experience rattling noise when Hit a bump after reinstallation of the body mount?
Sponsored