Sponsored

Blend Door Actuator Going Crazy

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
My 18 JLU has started making noise from behind the glovebox when the vehicle is turned off. I took it to the dealership and they couldn’t replicate the issue. Funny, because it does it every time you open a door with the vehicle off!

I’ve attached a video of the actuator/door going crazy. A quick glance at the actuator and it looks like an easy swap, but I don’t know that for sure. Has anyone swapped this out on their JL?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The actuator isn’t a module on its own, it’s being driven. That’s a software problem.

OP
OP
brynamic

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
The dealership ended up replacing the actuator under warranty. It took awhile to get the part in, but once they swapped it out it did fix this issue for me.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Here is the video of my blend door actuator going crazy and making clicking noise after turning off the Jeep.

OP
OP
brynamic

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Looks about the same as mine was doing. Mine has been flawless since the dealer swapped it out.

Here is the video of my blend door actuator going crazy and making clicking noise after turning off the Jeep.

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Damn... that video looks like the ones on the Youtube channels showing paranormal activities.. LOL

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I disconnected mine several years back as I got tired of it blowing in hot air randomly by design.

OP
OP
brynamic

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I believe so. Unfortunately I’m out of town right now but I can check my paperwork this weekend when I’m home.

Was the actuator the only thing they swapped?

Sponsored

OP
OP
brynamic

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
My paperwork says they replaced part number 68301847AA - Actuator, A/C and Heater. They listed the part as $35.45 and labor as $325.40 had it not been covered by warranty.

Thanks! That would be very helpful.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Thanks! This is helpful. I think I’ll swap it out myself, seemed like a easy job.
My paperwork says they replaced part number 68301847AA - Actuator, A/C and Heater. They listed the part as $35.45 and labor as $325.40 had it not been covered by warranty.

OP
OP
brynamic

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
If you don’t mind, follow-up with how it goes. On the surface it doesn’t look difficult, but the $325 in labor has me wondering if more components have to come out than we’re thinking.

Thanks! This is helpful. I think I’ll swap it out myself, seemed like a easy job.

ClayDrew

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Any chance you tried replacing yourself? Looking for videos or info on how difficult the repair is but this was the closest thread I could find.

any insight on how yours wentwould be helpful!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Any chance you tried replacing yourself? Looking for videos or info on how difficult the repair is but this was the closest thread I could find.

any insight on how yours wentwould be helpful!
Hey ClayDrew, I haven’t replaced it yet. It still works, if I ignore the sound :CWL:
Sponsored