Sponsored

Bikini/Summer top options?

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
So I am looking for summer/bikini tops that I can put on for long trips and vacations with the family

I am running the hard top year round because of the lift pro (super easy)

But for beach trips and vacations, I would like an easy switch to a top that’s not a full soft top but that is able to keep out the elements

Was looking at the Bestop Bikini top but unsure of it keeps out the rain.

Suggestions?
Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I wouldn't expect any of the mesh tops to keep rain out, but I've never used one. I believe most solid bikini tops you'll find can't keep the rain out completely. They attach to the roll bars on the side, so there is about an inch or 2 gap between the door and bar. The design of the Jeep makes complete coverage really difficult, and I haven't seen a manufacturer solve that problem with a bikini top.

I do have the Rampage brief top, and it works fine for what it is. I also only paid 1/3 of the current price, they really jacked the cost up in the last year. I haven't had it on in the rain, but I would expect a good bit of rain to come in on the sides. Maybe someone with experience can chime in.

I also have the Rampage tonneau cover, and I highly recommend that. It is great for keeping the rear covered.

One other thing, I got caught in a downpour with my soft top in safari mode. While no rain got into the front or rear seats, the back of the jeep was soaked, and most of the water ran down under the rear seats and rear footwell. It was much more water than I expected.

elduderino83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0l
I wouldn't expect any of the mesh tops to keep rain out, but I've never used one. I believe most solid bikini tops you'll find can't keep the rain out completely. They attach to the roll bars on the side, so there is about an inch or 2 gap between the door and bar. The design of the Jeep makes complete coverage really difficult, and I haven't seen a manufacturer solve that problem with a bikini top.

I do have the Rampage brief top, and it works fine for what it is. I also only paid 1/3 of the current price, they really jacked the cost up in the last year. I haven't had it on in the rain, but I would expect a good bit of rain to come in on the sides. Maybe someone with experience can chime in.

I also have the Rampage tonneau cover, and I highly recommend that. It is great for keeping the rear covered.

One other thing, I got caught in a downpour with my soft top in safari mode. While no rain got into the front or rear seats, the back of the jeep was soaked, and most of the water ran down under the rear seats and rear footwell. It was much more water than I expected.
I was just reading a thread where everyone bought the rampage brief top for $50. Now they're $170? I guess I missed the boat

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I was just reading a thread where everyone bought the rampage brief top for $50. Now they're $170? I guess I missed the boat
I paid $50 or $60. No idea why they jacked the price up, but I certainly got a good deal.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Quadratec has their brand " Master Top " now offering Bikini, Safari, Wind Stopper and Tonneau for the 2 DOOR ! A good option for the 4 door too
Sponsored