Sponsored

Bikini Top Options?

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU, 1967 Corvette Converible, 2011 997.2 TTS
Debating my options for a bikini top, looking for wisdom from others who are happy with their decision. I have a JLRU with matching hard top that I love the look of and will keep on except for 4 months a year.

Option 1: Best Top Trek Top: love everything except the ability to go completely topless with ease.
Option 2: Just Hoist off the top and hope we don't get caught in the rain. Jeep ran topless for 2 months last year this way and loved it. Only once did we get caught in a light rain for 5 minutes before we got home.
Option 3: Get a simple water resistant bikini top I can throw on in 10 minutes or less (does this actually exist?). I'd also like to get a vinyl type cover that comes off easily like the Diabolical Slipstream. I see them available for JK just not JL (yet?)

Sorry if this is a re-hash of another thread, but appreciate your input if you've got an opinion based upon experience.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yeah.. I'm kinda disappointed in the lack of options at this point as well.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
1: It’s still a relatively new vehicle. That stuff is coming.

2: Driving topless in the rain is some of the most fun I’ve ever had in a Jeep. Don’t worry *too* hard about that possibility, because you might actually enjoy it.

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I hoist top off a few times a week but use Alien Sunshades.

I’ve tried the solid mopar Sun Bonnet, but it was very flappy over 40 mph and wouldn’t keep light showers out. Sent it back

I think, hope, that this summer we get to see a real bikini top like exit for JKs

Jlurubiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu
I hoist top off a few times a week but use Alien Sunshades.

I’ve tried the solid mopar Sun Bonnet, but it was very flappy over 40 mph and wouldn’t keep light showers out. Sent it back

I think, hope, that this summer we get to see a real bikini top like exit for JKs
I hate to burst everyone's bubble but bestop is not releasing until 2020 spring.... rampage has a bikini top wind jammer and deck cover out.... but guess what best top wont sell windshield channels or door surrounds seperate... they only thing on the market for summer tops is suntop out of Italy and it costs more than the soft top option... roughly $975 but it comes with the door surrounds and all hardware... I have been calling all manufacturers for about 5 months now and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel