First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
It seems like aftermarket is taking forever with top options. Why has no one made the summer bimini combo top yet for the JL? does it have to do with where the back row is on the JLU? I want one of these so bad.

Mastertop-Summer-Combo-Plus-Wrangler-JK_6.jpg
Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I put a JTops Mesh top on mine. The standard colors block 80% of the sunlight and the Dense Titanium that I bought blocks 90% of the sunlight. They dont flap at all at highway speeds and great customer service. I broke one of the buckles on the straps and they are sending me a free replacement.
20190420_152340.jpg
20190421_155739.jpg

Www.jtopsusa.com

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Yeah I want a bikini top too. Currently using my JK 2 door spiderweb on my JLU lol. It works but I want some rain protection for the trails this summer.

Bestop told me last week they had no time frame and hopefully will have one in a few months.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I put a JTops Mesh top on mine. The standard colors block 80% of the sunlight and the Dense Titanium that I bought blocks 90% of the sunlight. They dont flap at all at highway speeds and great customer service. I broke one of the buckles on the straps and they are sending me a free replacement.
20190420_152340.jpg
20190421_155739.jpg

Www.jtopsusa.com
Hmm I really like that fit. 90%? Have any pictures from inside while the sun is beaming through?

My spiderweb shade isn’t the best.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougJaneway

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
I want something that stops rain. That's why I'm a no on the mesh.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I want a bikini top too. Currently using my JK 2 door spiderweb on my JLU lol. It works but I want some rain protection for the trails this summer.

Bestop told me last week they had no time frame and hopefully will have one in a few months.
Yep. They told me late summer on Friday. I have a mesh but really want something that has full protection.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like it actually provides a decent amount of shade!
Sunday morning I took my Freedom panels off and the console got hot enough I couldn't rest my arm on it. We got home and took the hardtop and doors off and put the JTop on and the console stayed cool. We didn't feel any heat from the sun on us either. If you watch the installation videos on www.jtopsusa.com you'll see there are no gaps between the top and roll bar or at the windshield. Once you have it on you can put your top back on over it. They are also a forum sponsor and offer members a discount. I think the promo code is JL15 but not sure. You could call or email them for the code.

Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want something that stops rain. That's why I'm a no on the mesh.
You might check with JTops and see if the offer there top in a solid material for rain protection. They already have the pattern for the mesh top. Seems like they would be able to easily make it with other materials.

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU

Www.jtopsusa.com
Looks great. How long on average does it take you to install it? Also, any concern with the straps damaging the paint?

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. How long on average does it take you to install it? Also, any concern with the straps damaging the paint?
My wife and I installed it for the first time on Saturday. Took around 15 minutes. Once it's on you can put your hard or soft top on over it. There are foam pads that are attached to the top that go under the straps and buckles so they dont touch the paint. If you can zoom in on my picture from the side of the jeep you can see the pad under the strap & buckle.
20190421_155739.jpg
Here is a link to there install video and an 85mph drive to show they dont flap at highwayspeeds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DougJaneway

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
You might check with JTops and see if the offer there top in a solid material for rain protection. They already have the pattern for the mesh top. Seems like they would be able to easily make it with other materials.
Basically the problem there is all the water would run off into the back bench. That's why all of the soft tops overhang in the back when you have them in safari mode.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basically the problem there is all the water would run off into the back bench. That's why all of the soft tops overhang in the back when you have them in safari mode.
Makes since but I hate the safari mode look.
Sponsored