Bike Rack Options??

tsvi88

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Did you need the extender? Which one did you get? I have the Yakima Full Tilt and don’t need an extender, but I also can’t access the trunk with it on which is why I like the full swing.

Bought installed and took a 5 hour drive with a Yakima full swing + hitch extender. Perfect.
Sponsored

Irishcoffee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR 4xe
@Grousemont, I went with the 442-600-40 and the Extended Low Profile pivot base (PBE-L). George also shipped the hitch stabilizer as well with the rack.

In the picture below I used the first hole in the pivot base for the hitch pin and there are 4 additional holes that can be used so that the bikes would sit further away from the spare tire by approximately one inch increments depending on what hole is used. I choose this extended version of the pivot base for the flexibility it allows if one wants punch the bikes farther from the spare to allow for the ability to carry additional crap on the spare tire (e,g, trasharoo).

4804DC56-5EA5-4C55-BD80-5860C024BA4D.jpeg
Compliments for the acquisitions. It looks simple and efficient.
Thanks for providing us with great details and pics.

To be sure what I am seeing here is a bike rack code named
iSi-442-600/40 - Extreme Duty Extended Beam with a Standard Modular Pivot Base on a High Tow Bar ( iSi-444-PBE/L ) or Low Tow Bar (iSi-444-PBE)?
I noticed ISI Vehicle Dimension Data Formbut wanted to be sure what exact setting your have on you JLR?
I am interested for such a rack on my JLUR 4xe :) .... At least you caught my attention for now ...

On my JKU I have a 1-UpUSA double extreme duty (black) bike rack paired with a RakAttach pivot arm but ...man this combo is really heavy. Overall very very pleased with these 1UpUsa products. Great quality and NO plastics.
Cons = heavy! Pricewise = you get what you've paid for! I experienced various bike rack settings/products and by far 1UpUsa.com beats them all!
As said great quality product and extremely easy to use.
Mine I ordered with a reverse base plate because initially I didn't ordered the pivot arm, therefore I wanted to get as much clearance as possible while accessing my trunk area. Because the space between rear bumper and the rack was to narrow decided to go for a pivot arm and now the access area is completely better both with the pivot arm closed or wide open . What you see below is a rear European bumper which I had to cut in order to access the hitch area. In Europe it is compulsory that the license plate should be included on the rear of the rack including lights and signals (work in progress ...)
Here some picks (license plate system ordered together with the combo along with the SIS system for locking pins)
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_0676

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_0677

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_0679

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_0675

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_0674

Tested already off-road both with and without bikes and very pleased with the result but now I am tempted to look into the Australian model which seems lighter and more easy/simple to use:
IMG_0546.jpg

Last edited:

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Compliments for the acquisitions. It looks simple and efficient.
Thanks for providing us with great details and pics.

To be sure what I am seeing here is a bike rack code named
iSi-442-600/40 - Extreme Duty Extended Beam with a Standard Modular Pivot Base on a High Tow Bar ( iSi-444-PBE/L ) or Low Tow Bar (iSi-444-PBE)?
I noticed ISI Vehicle Dimension Data Formbut wanted to be sure what exact setting your have on you JLR?
I am interested for such a rack on my JLUR 4xe :) .... At least you caught my attention for now ..
Correct, my set up is;

Modular Pivot base is - Extended Low Profile pivot base (PBE-L)

Main Beam Assembly - 442-600-40 (longest one)

I was looking at this and the 1-UpUSA double extreme duty but went with the ISI as it appears to be designed strictly for off road use. Great rack and super happy with the versatility and the ruggedness.

CCWillys

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC, JLU Willys on the way
I have the Quadratec 2 bike platform rack. It’s built to clear the spare tire, so no extension needed. Just received and so far so good! Here’s a pic, mines on the right.

936BAD0F-C584-4ADF-8882-0964B19A5C7E.jpeg

Sponsored

Irishcoffee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR 4xe
Correct, my set up is;

Modular Pivot base is - Extended Low Profile pivot base (PBE-L)

Main Beam Assembly - 442-600-40 (longest one)

I was looking at this and the 1-UpUSA double extreme duty but went with the ISI as it appears to be designed strictly for off road use. Great rack and super happy with the versatility and the ruggedness.
Thanks a lot! Any idea how heavy the ISi is? Cheers!

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I have the Quadratec 2 bike platform rack. It’s built to clear the spare tire, so no extension needed. Just received and so far so good! Here’s a pic, mines on the right.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 936BAD0F-C584-4ADF-8882-0964B19A5C7E
I also have the Quadratec. Seems pretty good quality overall, especially for the price. Fairly heavy though, especially since I don't keep it on full time and move it in and out of my apt. Anyone make a similar aluminum one?

E6A87E68-D621-4D03-9108-12968815426B.jpeg

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks a lot! Any idea how heavy the ISi is? Cheers!
No idea on weight and right now mine is stored in rafters out in the garage as its snowing here in WI.
Not too bad though as being modular with the pivot base separate from the main beam assembly its easy enough to handle.

LifeInAJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Nice! I've had my eye out for a passenger side Pivot v2 for awhile now but haven't seen any in stock. I've been told arrival in mid-Sept.. I have a v1 that I'll probably sell since I use it all of the time and like all of the improvements. If you think the v2 is heavy, the v1 is 8.5lbs heavier!
Hi, does this work well with the backup camera and sensors? Would love to entertain one that I can leave on without compromising those safety features.

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

We are running the kuat bike rack with their extension. It clears everything fine and with the bikes tilted down I can open the gate just enough to squeeze in and access the fridge on the driver's side.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? PXL_20220228_191411050

Sponsored

HeygirlHey

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snazzberry Sahara Altitude (on order)
I have a Kuat Sherpa 2-bike on my current (no Jeep yet) and my biggest question is with the Kuat hi-lo extender, will I be able to fully open the gate if there is no bike on my rack. We do a lot of back of the hatch tailgating on bike rides, and I want to make sure I can get the door open to sit inside and hang out!

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
Parking assist off, $75 at Canadian Tire, CCM Universal Rack, it lowers down so I can open the tail gate with the bikes off. I don't use my camera to back up other than to tell how close I am to the garage wall sometimes or parking spots, so no big deal if some of it is obstructed. I load 4 bikes on, my wife's and mine +2 kids. Rack is fine on the highway and in the city. Absolutely no need to blow $600 on a rack unless you want to , it's your money, for me, I know it's going to get used a ton, had it for 3 years, some scratches and stuff but again, I paid less than $100 for it and it has held up. So yeah, sometimes over complicating things isn't the way to go. Get a rack that you want that's in your budget. Is it the prettiest, nope, does it stick out a bit compared to others, sure. Will I ever get rear ended while driving with the rack and bikes on, probably not LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 15

LifeInAJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I do a lot of cycling, both MTB and Road. I find myself taking my bikes all over the place. I will have a hitch and know there are a few options that exist from Yakima and Thule. I know many also use the spare mounted options.

Do we not foresee a redesign coming for these products as the rear cam will be blocked?

Insights appreciated!
If you find something, please be sure to post it. I also want to find a rack that can handle 2 (but preferably 3 bikes) without interfering with the rear park/backup sensors and that the camera is still usable (with or without the bikes on the rack).

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
My Yakima Backswing showed up Friday, and I installed it today. :clap: I'm happy with it so far, but not sure how I missed the fact that I wouldn't be able to open my tailgate without swinging it open. I drive a Sahara with stock tires (upgrading later), and the spare rubs on the handle mechanism, (even with the handle folded down) while the backswing is closed. The handle also sits flush against the spare so it's a little tricky to open, but definitely not impossible. Once the Backswing is swung open, the tailgate completely opens and I have full access to the rear. It's a minor inconvenience, but I'm sharing in case anyone else is considering the Backswing for a stock Sahara and didn't realize that you can't open the tailgate with the Backswing closed without an adapter. I may get a drop extension since I plan to upgrade to 35s eventually anyway, but overall I'm happy with it. Haven't picked up a bike rack yet but I'm scouring Facebook Marketplace and will soon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 25F744E5-B8F7-4958-97AD-DFF1F4CB3E5A

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_8615

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_8607

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_8608

You can see in the picture above that even if you try to open the tailgate with the handle folded down, the tire catches on the top metal plate between the handle adjustment screws. If it cleared that, it'd still get caught on the screw on the back of the Backswing. A drop extension should fix it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_8612

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_8613

Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? IMG_8614

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
If you find something, please be sure to post it. I also want to find a rack that can handle 2 (but preferably 3 bikes) without interfering with the rear park/backup sensors and that the camera is still usable (with or without the bikes on the rack).
I don't know about park sensors, but I have a Saris rack that clears everything. Including a stock Rubicon spare, although I deleted it.
I bought a Saris on etrailer...made in USA is a plus. Their site is not good at filtering them, it does not always come up when it should. The front 2 are rated 60 lbs, which I needed for the wife's electric bike. The back 2 are 35 lbs which works easily for the kids. It folds and clears the spare tire. Can't ask for more!
https://www.etrailer.com/Bike-Racks/Saris/SA4414B.html
Jeep Wrangler JL Bike Rack Options?? 1646616371599
Sponsored