Best car wash

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
I was driving through two small puddles on a dirt road. Everything was splashed up. The car wash has never failed me, and then the hand car wash after leads me to believe something was in the water. The jeep is new, and had just been waxed the week before. It stuck to the paint, and the plastic. I have never seen anything like it. I have had vehicles more than tire deep in mud, and the a wash cleaned the mess. I used windex, and a microfiber cloth on the paint, and it seemed to come off on the painted surfaces.
A couple of years ago my wife went to a cross country meet for our kids & came home with something white splattered all along the drivers side of her car. No amount of washing would get it off & all I can think is that when she parked in the field, she drove across several white lines where they spray-painted lines for parking. It was a mess. Sometimes you get weird stuff on your car & maybe there was something in the puddles or a particularly nasty clay or dirt.

Anyway, the clay bar took it right off & didn't damage the paint. If you're still dealing with the issue, try a good hand wash followed by a clean clay bar in the problem spots. If it's still there - might be in the clear coat, time to call a detailer & get their opinion.
Sponsored

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Love Chemical Guys products - you can buy them locally and they work great. You need to wash first, and then clay bar. That will most likely take care of your problem. You can get a clay bar from most auto parts stores. If you still have a problem, a polish will work. If you do not not have a buffer, you can use Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Polish by hand (they are basically Meguiars 105 and 205 just in different packaging). Just takes time. Once you finish, cover it. You can use a carnuba wax, but you will not get the longevity. A ceramic will last longer. Chemical Guys makes a great Ceramic Hybrid that you can pick up locally. Goes on easy and repels dirt.

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
After claying it like @LiveToWork suggested might want to apply a ceramic coating on it. Iā€™ll be coating mine myself with Avalon King Ceramic coat for $70 (thereā€™s other kits out there as well).

https://avalonking.com/shop/ceramic...MI5aXSybbV8gIV3XxvBB1VCg-NEAQYASABEgJZsfD_BwE

Should last a couple (or few) years and the mud should rinse off pretty easily. This is the first vehicle of mine worthy of a ceramic coating, so first time using the stuff. šŸ˜‰
Ceramic Coating is the way to go ! Everything washes off.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I wash with good soap and water from Griotā€™s, dry with my leaf blower and microfiber, then use a spray wax like Turtle Wax Ice. Once a year Iā€™ll clay bar and traditional wax like Maguires. Otherwise if Iā€™m in a hurry I use a special no rinse wash, and if the top and or doors are off Iā€™ll use a waterless Wash Wax All. In the winter and only when the hard top is on, once in a while Iā€™ll hit the automatic wash to use their good under sprayer for the salt and what not, and then immediately do a spray wax again.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If a full ceramic coating sounds too scary to you, try one of the hybrid ceramics from your local chain autoparts stores. I used some Mothers CMX a couple years ago and found it was great and easy to use. But, I'm now a fan of Avalon King Armor IX.
Sponsored