Touchless car wash??

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Curious if any of you guys run your Jeeps through touchless car washes.

Anyone had any problems?

I’ve read that the high pressure can cause issues and the chemicals are not good for the clear coat. Not sure if that’s true. I have a black 2021 JLUR and recently applied ceramic spray coating to shine her up and help to keep her clean.

Thank You for any input.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Anyone had any problems?
We have car washes where the vehicles are washed by hand. The place I use has a drive on conveyor, so nothing touches the wheels or tires as the vehicle is pulled through. I have had zero issues. I run with a Sunrider for Hardtop and have no water infiltration.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Used them for years with no problems at all with my Tacomas. Been through with the Jeep a few times with no issues. Mostly do my own thing here at the house, but for a winter washdown after a drive in the snow/salt crap they're fine. No issues at all with leaks on my new Willys.

G.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Used them for years with no problems at all with my Tacomas. Been through with the Jeep a few times with no issues. Mostly do my own thing here at the house, but for a winter washdown after a drive in the snow/salt crap they're fine. No issues at all with leaks on my new Willys.

G.
I have always preferred doing my vehicles by hand, however lately I haven’t had much time.

I just don’t want to find out the hard way, since mine is black. Thank you for the reply.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
We have car washes where the vehicles are washed by hand. The place I use has a drive on conveyor, so nothing touches the wheels or tires as the vehicle is pulled through. I have had zero issues. I run with a Sunrider for Hardtop and have no water infiltration.
That would be cool. Nothing like that around here though.

Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
The touchless shoulden't mess up the black.

G.

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Use touchless all the time...have not noticed anything with the paint.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Yes touchless car washes have some strong chemicals and the reuse the waste water as well...

So I use https://gtechniq.com/ products and works great. Take less then an hour to do a JLR and my 2018 look brand new. Yes it is garaged when not used.

Kahunadave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Etorque; 2015 GrCherokee ltd 2wd
Occupation
Auto Lending
Looking to gauge the community's opinion on touchless car washes. Unfortunately, living in an apartment in Boston does not allow me the luxury of washing my car myself, the right way. If 2018 Limited owners could chime in, that'd be great. I read that the keyless entry gets wonky due to high-pressure water getting in there. I don't know if it's true. Any general feedback is much appreciated too. Thanks.
I run my Gr Cherokee through Car washes 1x or 2x a month… and have never had any issue. Every once in a while, maybe 6-7 mos, you do want to take it and get it Detailed with a good quality wax job.

Kahunadave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Etorque; 2015 GrCherokee ltd 2wd
Occupation
Auto Lending
Curious if any of you guys run your Jeeps through touchless car washes.

Anyone had any problems?

I’ve read that the high pressure can cause issues and the chemicals are not good for the clear coat. Not sure if that’s true. I have a black 2021 JLUR and recently applied ceramic spray coating to shine her up and help to keep her clean.

Thank You for any input.
Great question... I just picked up a Wrangler and sometimes when i get pressed for time so i would like to run mine through a touchless if it wont hurt the Soft Top?

I may just have to break out the Elec pw and start making it a ritual to wash it every weekend. 🤔

Sponsored

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
I use touchless car washes during the Winter time, but only if it’s above freezing. Way too much salt thrown around my area and while I don’t see any in the wheel wells, I know the salt spray is there. In the spring I really take a hose to the underside and flush out anything I can.

JeepXtreem

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon Xr
Touchless washes are very owner dependent on chemicals used and the strenght of those chemicals, our family business. For any or most of the chemicals out there and even dawn soap that people use in a bucket- those will take a layer of wax off. Better waxes a few car washes and the best can last 6-12 months. Assuming you have something to protect that clearcoat-wax, spray, or ceramic. Ceramic is a whole other post.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I like to make it sparkle inside and out so I do it myself.
Jeep Wrangler JL Touchless car wash?? Jeep Underwater
Sponsored