First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Getting ready to pull the trigger on the genesis system for my jlr and would like some suggestion on batteries. Looked up the Odysey and Full river so far. Has to be group 25. Thanks
Sponsored

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?
WTH ??????????

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I run Full River 750’s and am happy with performance, I believe the plating for Full River batts comes from the same line as Odyssey …they are pricy but there made to go thru lots of cyclic rates without fear of wrecking them, if going with a dual batteries system be mindful of IBS sensor that dictates how the batteries get charged.

I just went thru some charging issues and tracked it down to the IBS and how it works with dual batteries and how using different Chargers effects this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
What the fuck is Goonie-goo-goo Gus?

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Step away from the bong, you've clearly had enough.

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
WTH ??????????
I run Full River 750’s and am happy with performance, I believe the plating for Full River batts comes ff the same line as Odyssey …they are pricy but there made to go thru lots of cyclic rates without fear of wrecking them, if going with a dual batteries system be mindful of IBS sensor that dictates how the batteries get charged.

I just went thru some charging issues and tracked it down to the IBS and how it works with dual batteries and how using different Chargers effects this.
Thanks. I’m having my dealer do the install as soon as I receive the kit. So any issues they can jump on it. They have a whole section that does add ones etc.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I’m having my dealer do the install as soon as I receive the kit. So any issues they can jump on it. They have a whole section that does add ones etc.
The install is pretty straightforward but when doing normal battery upkeep with a charger be mindful on how the charger cable is attached to the negative aux and you are not bypassing the IBS sensor also if you decide on using like the repair option some smart chargers offer don’t use them with the batteries connected as the IBS is seeing this elevated voltage and it causes issues with the smart side of charging.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
The install is pretty straightforward but when doing normal battery upkeep with a charger be mindful on how the charger cable is attached to the negative aux and you are not bypassing the IBS sensor also if you decide on using like the repair option some smart chargers offer don’t use them with the batteries connected as the IBS is seeing this elevated voltage and it causes issues with the smart side of charging.
Thanks

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I'm running just one battery in my 3.6. I was getting ready for some trips to very remote Utah and wanted the most reliable battery I could get. After doing research into batteries and manufacturers, and what I could get in my metropolitan area, I picked the X2Power from BatteriesPlus. If you have the dual system then you have some redundancy built in so you can select whatever batteries fit your budget.

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I'm running just one battery in my 3.6. I was getting ready for some trips to very remote Utah and wanted the most reliable battery I could get. After doing research into batteries and manufacturers, and what I could get in my metropolitan area, I picked the X2Power from BatteriesPlus. If you have the dual system then you have some redundancy built in so you can select whatever batteries fit your budget.
Thanks.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer