Sponsored

Banks Question

Deleted member 59498

I haven’t done the install yet. If the connectors are like the rest on the Wrangler, a small flathead can be used to work them off.
Yeah I just looked in there and damn they stuffed so much in that engine well!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
These two Derringer installation videos were very helpful:

1). on YouTube search “Jeep JLUR Diesel Banks Derringer Install”
2).Banks official install video. =.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
How are y'all liking the Derringer after having ran it for a while? Mine has been sitting on the bench for a year now lol.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How are y'all liking the Derringer after having ran it for a while? Mine has been sitting on the bench for a year now lol.
I like it a lot. Except… the MAS and the FRP connections are designed for SMALL hands, making removal for dealer visits (warranty only) a chore. Literally, I could remove the Derringer in 10 minutes if those connections weren’t so daunting.

Sponsored

StartedWith97TJ

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon w/ SOT
Now that folks have some time and mileage on their Derringers, have you noticed any improvements with the regen frequency? The GDE tune specifically attempts to reduce soot buildup. I was wondering if the Derringer is doing anything to help our emissions systems? I tried asking them, but customer support never has the answer, and they never respond after they supposedly check with the engineering team.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone found some sort of methodology or hand tool (like a hooked pic) that makes disconnecting the FRP/MAS less of a chore? In other words: has anyone cracked this nut?

Trust me, this will become important if you need to bring your Jeep in for warranty service.

Doug, I haven't seen any regen impacts - just increased power.

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I'm on the fence in buying the dereinger and PM. While I would love the throttle response and few extra hp and tq, I HATE removing stuff from cramped spaces, I see the video and got claustrophobic lol.

It took me 30 minutes to install a throttle controller on my old JK, and didn't even bother to take it off when taking it in got warranty, luckily they never said anything, but I never had any issues with engine or throttle (other than cylinder misfire).

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I'm on the fence in buying the dereinger and PM. While I would love the throttle response and few extra hp and tq, I HATE removing stuff from cramped spaces, I see the video and got claustrophobic lol.

It took me 30 minutes to install a throttle controller on my old JK, and didn't even bother to take it off when taking it in got warranty, luckily they never said anything, but I never had any issues with engine or throttle (other than cylinder misfire).
Between the tiny floorboard space and cramped engine compartment I don't think you'll be able to avoid tight spaces. The Pedal Monster is definitely worth it, makes the Wrangler very responsive. I have the Derringer sitting in my garage, I am just super lazy lol.

Sponsored

memayo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU, 2023 JLURD
Between the tiny floorboard space and cramped engine compartment I don't think you'll be able to avoid tight spaces. The Pedal Monster is definitely worth it, makes the Wrangler very responsive. I have the Derringer sitting in my garage, I am just super lazy lol.
you need to install the derringer - after, you'll be wondering what took you so long.

Deleted member 59498

That video makes it look so easy. I would be bleeding I am sure half way through!

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
you need to install the derringer - after, you'll be wondering what took you so long.
I know I need to quit dragging my feet. I told myself I would install it after the last oil change and procrastination got the better of me!

Deleted member 59498

I know I need to quit dragging my feet. I told myself I would install it after the last oil change and procrastination got the better of me!
I still have not put my door jamb protectors on the rear doors! Someday.

On another note:
The dealer can't tell you had this hooked up if something went wrong?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
If they went digging they would know you have it. I usually check the engine over after an oil change or anytime they have touched my rig. So I figured I may as well install while I was doing that. I did check the engine, found a rag stuffed in, but did not have time for installing this and cleaning up wiring.
Sponsored