First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
Mine gets to like 30, 31 PSI stock... according to my iDash gauge.
Hmm unless diesels require high boost to get the compression going … I’ll have to look into this. Thanks
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Hmm unless diesels require high boost to get the compression going … I’ll have to look into this. Thanks
These engines don't necessarily require a turbo to run, so I don't know what you mean?

Higher boost pressure in a diesel than a spark ignition turbo engine is capable of is not 'bad'. My understanding is boost is just a measure of restriction. When the engine can't injest as much as air as the compressor wheel is pushing you see the boost pressure rise. Depending on the application, the 30 psi range is not at all uncommon in the small diesel engine realm. I've had a few diesel engines and they all pushed at least 30 psi stock.
05' 5.9L Cummins
07.5 6.6L Duramax
2020 6.7L Powerstroke
And I guess I have to take everyone's word for what my/the 3.0L Wrangler will do as I've never paid attention.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
34lbs of boost ? On a stock turbo ? Really ?
I ended up going with the GDE tune on mine and have seen a high of 34.9 psi. Hers is stock and we put a Tazer in hers as well. She once asked what it was and after I told her she had fun trying top get a high score.....

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
I would love to watch her try to explain that to the cops. 🤣

I ended up going with the GDE tune on mine and have seen a high of 34.9 psi. Hers is stock and we put a Tazer in hers as well. She once asked what it was and after I told her she had fun trying top get a high score.....

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I would love to watch her try to explain that to the cops. 🤣
:rock: I had to make her hit the throttle when we first got it get her to understand how much power was available.
Sponsored