Sponsored

Badmouthing Jeep

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
One of the annoyances I find when cruising the forums is negativity against the "Brand". And..Jeep forums are no exception. I get that people have issues, and want to vent, but some people continuously bash Jeep at EVERY opportunity.

Why stick around the forum spewing venom? And, why continue to buy Jeeps if the vehicles/company are so bad?
Fiat is bottom in quality, would love to see Jeep break free from Fiat peugeot.

Amazing aftermarket and great community is keeping Jeep alive.
Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Rough numbers from carsalesdatabase.com for Wrangler
Us
2018-240,030
2019-228,000
Canada
2018- 6818
2019- 6878
Europe
2018-22,800
2019-23,000
That's roughly 523,000 wranglers sold with what I can find as approx 3000 total complaints.
No matter how you play it that seems pretty damn low on 523,000 units. That's considerably less than 1% in the real world.
And yes I realize Jeep may very well have received more complaints than other brand. But even at 1% that's nearly 518,000 with no complaints to
5230 with complaints!
Hell, there isn't anyone member on this forum that can boast a 99% acceptance rate!
Lets not pretend Fiat is anywhere but dead last in quality, build quality is a disaster. Alot of Jeep owners fix their own stuff and dotn file complaints.

Day one of Jeep ownership is torquing front end to spec, tighting loose screws in cab and pushing in fuses, lol.

Even tires need to be set to correct psi. Pure crap build quality and control.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
It's a wonder you even bought a Jeep with fuel injection rather than a computer less carburetor!
Put 5,000 miles of 4+ trail driving of one then "talk" to me. Until that happens you have nothing more than a grocery getter.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Put 5,000 miles of 4+ trail driving of one then "talk" to me. Until that happens you have nothing more than a grocery getter.
Now that you have your new to you TJ Rubicon, I'm not sure why you continue to feel the need to "talk" on this forum. Let those of us who actually have experience with the JL talk about our grocery getters. Obviously you're pissed at Jeep for not giving you exactly what you want. Time to move on and spend your time and energy on more worthwhile efforts. :ontheloo:

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
While corporate culture certainly drives a lot, haven't Jeeps been made at the same plant since the beginning? Owners have come and gone but Toledo remains the one constant. Jeep is the most valuable brand at FCA and is operated quite independently. Silo status usually equals autonomy. Hell, the Mike Manley of Jeep was Marchionne's successor at the top seat at Fiat.

My point is that I'm not convinced that new corporate ownership will impact Jeep as much as we might think. And, that Jeep, itself, is as big (bigger) a culprit in quality deficiencies as FCA.

I love Jeeps as well as anyone. Heck, I started this thread. I live with any Jeep issues (I haven't had many over 10 new Jeeps), and I don't tend to blame Fiat (rather than Jeep) for much at all.

Last edited:

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
Obviously you're pissed at Jeep for not giving you exactly what you want. Time to move on and spend your time and energy on more worthwhile efforts. :ontheloo:
I completely agree with you.....but as you are spending time and energy giving attention to my observations......it's apparent there's something causing you to itch otherwise you wouldn't be scratching so much.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
I love Jeeps as will as anyone
Me too! I can't understand why a base Sport with the Rubicon drive train, tire package and suspension isn't offered. Couldn't care less about the potentially troublesome, tedious frills. Let others buy that. Maximum profit is the incentive at the cost of distorting what a Jeep is supposed to be.

p.s. You gotta love your Rubi JK.

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Alot of Jeep owners fix their own stuff and dotn file complaints.
That may have been true a while back but with the electronics and crap in these new JL's its almost impossible to fix a lot of whats breaking down on your own.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I haven’t decided if I am going to keep my Jeep past the warranty period either. So far I haven’t had any major issues with my JL. But JL has too many electronics and Fiat parts to own without a warranty, and my past experience with Jeep dealers hasn’t been good.

2019038a.jpg
I'm in the same boat. I had 2 failures already in my jeep and the last one had me without a jeep for 1 week. If I get another problem before the Warranty is up its being traded in. Never in my years of vehicle ownership have I had to take a vehicle in for warranty work that lasted more than 6 hours, and that being our Xterra that just needed a fuel gauge censor replaced. I don't know what I was thinking getting a vehicle in the same family as DODGE, Chrysler etc.

I switched to Jeep after numerous bad experiences with previous Land Rovers here in the UK !!
The only notable difference is that the LR dealerships were able to rectify problems quickly, whereas the two UK Jeep dealers I have been using seem unable to do so. And the LR dealerships knew how to pick up a phone and to return calls as promised. Again, something that the Jeep dealers find hard to achieve.
Same Issue. Jeep Dealers seem to suck as far as keeping in contact with the customer. I had to always be the one calling to find out wtf is taking so long etc. I also felt like I was being avoided. At one point the service manager left all the paperwork and info with some secretary as to avoid me. Like wtf.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Lets not pretend Fiat is anywhere but dead last in quality, build quality is a disaster. Alot of Jeep owners fix their own stuff and dotn file complaints.

Day one of Jeep ownership is torquing front end to spec, tighting loose screws in cab and pushing in fuses, lol.

Even tires need to be set to correct psi. Pure crap build quality and control.
Every FCA brand being at the bottom of every quality or customer satisfaction survey is real. I love my JLR, it has been problem free but I know friends who are not as lucky. FCA could and should definitely do better. There is not much incentive yet. FCA is selling record numbers of Wranglers now. Hopefully a little fire under FCA's ass from the Bronco will help with quality control and customer service.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
While corporate culture certainly drives a lot, haven't Jeeps been made at the same plant since the beginning? Owners have come and gone but Toledo remains the one constant. Jeep is the most valuable brand at FCA and is operated quite independently. Silo status usually equals autonomy. Hell, the Mike Manley of Jeep was Marchionne's successor at the top seat at Fiat.

My point is that I'm not convinced that new corporate ownership will impact Jeep as much as we might think. And, that Jeep, itself, is as big (bigger) a culprit in quality deficiencies as FCA.

I love Jeeps as well as anyone. Heck, I started this thread. I live with any Jeep issues (I haven't had many over 10 new Jeeps), and I don't tend to blame Fiat (rather than Jeep) for much at all.
It starts at the top. FCA has huge problems with vendors because of FCA management.

Here is a quote from a trade publication that's a few years old. There might have been improvements since this article.

"FCA’s score fell 8.5 percent from last year, and all business practices that build good supplier relations continue to decrease. FCA’s purchasing chief is tied with Ford’s in last place for building trusting relations, while FCA’s buyers are dead last in virtually all measured areas. On-time payments and resolution of payment issues at FCA remain lowest among the six original equipment manufacturers, the study found."

More recent article about FCA and supplier quality.
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...chrysler-quality-consumer-reports/3292743002/

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
It starts at the top. FCA has huge problems with vendors because of FCA management.

Here is a quote from a trade publication that's a few years old. There might have been improvements since this article.

"FCA’s score fell 8.5 percent from last year, and all business practices that build good supplier relations continue to decrease. FCA’s purchasing chief is tied with Ford’s in last place for building trusting relations, while FCA’s buyers are dead last in virtually all measured areas. On-time payments and resolution of payment issues at FCA remain lowest among the six original equipment manufacturers, the study found."

More recent article about FCA and supplier quality.
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...chrysler-quality-consumer-reports/3292743002/
You may have missed my point, if you are still placing the blame firmly on FCA's shoulders (rather than Jeep itself). More likely, you disagree with me entirely, and that's okay too.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
had mine for almost 2 years since may of 2018. have over 40,000 miles wheeled it pretty hard some times not 1 single issue.
Sponsored