Sponsored

Backup Camera issue

Djzjeep22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2021 JLUR
Still have the lines! I now I have some new phantom proximity alerts - will have to check placement of spare. Maybe the update increased sensor sensitivity.
After the OTA update, Just wanted to report after over a week my lines have not disappeared! Good news!

Not so good news- I am getting proximity phantom alerts that I believe are due to the spare tire positioning. I have noticed on hot days that I get the alerts, but on cooler days I do not get phantom alerts. Perhaps (?) the expansion of the tire during warmer days is just enough to set off the sensors?
Sponsored

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Crap shoot on every start. No rhyme or reason I can come up with. Dunno, sure Jeep will take care of it soon. ;)

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
After the OTA update, Just wanted to report after over a week my lines have not disappeared! Good news!

Not so good news- I am getting proximity phantom alerts that I believe are due to the spare tire positioning. I have noticed on hot days that I get the alerts, but on cooler days I do not get phantom alerts. Perhaps (?) the expansion of the tire during warmer days is just enough to set off the sensors?
Do you have the factory tires and mount?

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Wrangler Sahara, 21 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had had the intermittent reverse line starting in the parking lot the day I picked up my 2021 JLUR with 8.7ā€ screen in March . They had my daughter and I there an hour waiting while they tried to reset reboot the computer, update software etc. I dropped it off 2 more times with no success. I live 35 minutes from the dealer and they have picked it up and dropped it off for me and still canā€™t fix the problem.

They have replaced the head unit, numerous updates, and the antenna wire. Then they replaced the XM antenna wire. Nothing works. They last 2 guys that dropped it off weā€™re baffled as to why the dealer sent it back to me. I told them to just bring it back., I donā€™t want it until itā€™s fixed.
My next step is to tell the dealer to keep it and I will drive a different home and keep it. It has 3,000 miles and problem has been there since delivery with 21 miles. $60K on a Jeep and this happens.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I had had the intermittent reverse line starting in the parking lot the day I picked up my 2021 JLUR with 8.7ā€ screen in March . They had my daughter and I there an hour waiting while they tried to reset reboot the computer, update software etc. I dropped it off 2 more times with no success. I live 35 minutes from the dealer and they have picked it up and dropped it off for me and still canā€™t fix the problem.

They have replaced the head unit, numerous updates, and the antenna wire. Then they replaced the XM antenna wire. Nothing works. They last 2 guys that dropped it off weā€™re baffled as to why the dealer sent it back to me. I told them to just bring it back., I donā€™t want it until itā€™s fixed.
My next step is to tell the dealer to keep it and I will drive a different home and keep it. It has 3,000 miles and problem has been there since delivery with 21 miles. $60K on a Jeep and this happens.
What software version are you running?

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure, I will check it out tonight and report back. I would think that 5 trips to the dealer to fix it they would have the most up to date or correct version. Hopefully Jeep Cares can add me to the list of people who need a fix.

dallastx75206

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
My Jeep still has not received the over the air update. Jeepcares didnt offer any help to push my vin # up in line. They just said go to dealer. So crazy

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My Jeep still has not received the over the air update. Jeepcares didnt offer any help to push my vin # up in line. They just said go to dealer. So crazy
Go to dealer and explain symptoms. This is the TSB you need:

31A70ADA-919A-4FD7-A795-B9D273357AEC.png

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
The phantom alerts can come from several things. I noticed on mine that in certain parts of the driveway that has a slight hump, the alarm goes off. Sometimes I think it's reflecting off of a puddle of water. Get the same alerts with my wife's Yukon.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I was on the phone with Uconnect who told me I had to go to the dealer after a failed update. The next day I got another notification to schedule the update, scheduled it, it updated, now I am good to go. I tried and tried to explain to Uconnect what my issue was but they just didnā€™t understand and kept saying my unit was updated and that my VIN wasnā€™t showing an update. They have no idea what is going on, how to help, or how to fix it as has been my experience the last 2 times I have spent an hour on the phone with them.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear about the concerns you're running into while trying to get your software up to date! If you'd ever like an additional layer of support or you'd like us to look into your situation for you, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
software 21.05.11 is that the latest? It still intermittently has lines. Itā€™s spreading to my f150 now the camera in there has an occasional blue screen in the mirror.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
software 21.05.11 is that the latest? It still intermittently has lines. Itā€™s spreading to my f150 now the camera in there has an occasional blue screen in the mirror.
Look at my posts and the surrounding ones in this thread about post #228ish. And see if your numbers match up. Since I got the update have not had the backup camera issue once. Still have Bluetooth issues where it won't remember my damn phone... But why would a 50k ride do that in 2021? I'm asking too much
Sponsored