Backup Camera issue

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
can you guys queue me up for all the remaining updates?My VIN is1C4HJXFG4MW650126.

Here are the Dealer mode screenshots:

E24AF67B-22E8-4E3D-96B2-3CBB8B433FDC.jpeg

8880F10F-B675-4F77-A60A-B09F1B1E298A.jpeg

9B9D3247-9DD8-4BBE-AA24-775F96A9901B.jpeg

14CF50EB-1C26-4763-8F7F-0DBE4975567D.jpeg

516C1053-8D4E-4750-8209-5595CBA34919.jpeg

2D0EDBF1-196E-4EB0-8F5F-895BB60AA768.jpeg

13DB8696-D424-4BDA-9C2A-BA2E645C6532.jpeg

D123A8F5-8AB3-4F75-BF1B-3EF68E953B09.jpeg

6B4E89E6-2A82-43EF-B65E-7EC5E5BDA5B3.jpeg

1BE47CDF-814A-4390-A164-65097C13D1CD.jpeg
So @donmontalvo, I had an exchange with Uconnect folks today and was told the following:
"with your application version being QR39.3 its not going to be a update to the radio via FOTA but as a dealer update that we hope to be releasing soon " Looks like you are in the same boat.

I am back to the waiting game with no ETA. I mean I feel like Jeep is trying and has a fix, but yet because my Jeep is only a few months old I am being punished. I asked when it would be released to the dealer, but have not heard back yet. I only started getting more vocal about this issue when I was told last week it would be before the end of 2021, which set me off.

Please @JeepCares, I will do whatever I need to do, but sounds like I will be in dealer purgatory for a while more. I love my Jeep, I love my Jeep, I love my Jeep. Oh..., I can say it twice, because I have two of them with the same issue.

Hope is not a strategy, it is a prayer.

#FirstWorldProblems
#SoFrustrating

Something that I have been playing with... SirrusXM favorites. So cool! Great job on this one guys! Coolness 10, Backup guidelines 2.5.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
So @donmontalvo, I had an exchange with Uconnect folks today and was told the following:
"with your application version being QR39.3 its not going to be a update to the radio via FOTA but as a dealer update that we hope to be releasing soon " Looks like you are in the same boat.

I am back to the waiting game with no ETA. I mean I feel like Jeep is trying and has a fix, but yet because my Jeep is only a few months old I am being punished. I asked when it would be released to the dealer, but have not heard back yet. I only started getting more vocal about this issue when I was told last week it would be before the end of 2021, which set me off.

Please @JeepCares, I will do whatever I need to do, but sounds like I will be in dealer purgatory for a while more. I love my Jeep, I love my Jeep, I love my Jeep. Oh..., I can say it twice, because I have two of them with the same issue.

Hope is not a strategy, it is a prayer.

#FirstWorldProblems
#SoFrustrating

Something that I have been playing with... SirrusXM favorites. So cool! Great job on this one guys! Coolness 10, Backup guidelines 2.5.
What in the actual crap is going on man! Why can’t they just batch out the updates like they said and include everyone. No dealer will hear of it for at least 6 months I’m sure. @JeepCares this is getting just a little frustrating.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
What in the actual crap is going on man! Why can’t they just batch out the updates like they said and include everyone. No dealer will hear of it for at least 6 months I’m sure. @JeepCares this is getting just a little frustrating.
Couldn't have said it better myself

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I manage thousands of computers in enterprise. When an update needs to be deployed, we have to "stage" the update. This means we have a small group test the update. Then we target 5% of computers, give it a few weeks. Then we add another 10% of the computers, give it a few weeks. Then a few more incremental increases in targeted computers, until all computers have the update.

I totally understand the process, and I get that @JeepCares has a customer service role. I'm sure she has passed our input to their Engineering group. If you guys didn't know, Jeep now offers Gorilla Glass for $95 on new builds, pretty sure our input and @JeepCares's passing the word along helped get that to happen. :)

I'm anxious to get all the updates. After spending all of June traveling across the country getting BOHs, there were several situations where backing up became pucker moments. LOL

https://donmontalvo.com/2021/06/

Sponsored

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
May I ask how I can check my version of software? Just got a 21 JLR & I also have a case of the disappearing back up guide lines. Also if there is a update does it just pop up automatically or do you have to run a software check?

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
May I ask how I can check my version of software? Just got a 21 JLR & I also have a case of the disappearing back up guide lines. Also if there is a update does it just pop up automatically or do you have to run a software check?
Hold the driver's side Up temperature, Down temperature, and windshield defrost buttons for a few seconds.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I manage thousands of computers in enterprise. When an update needs to be deployed, we have to "stage" the update. This means we have a small group test the update. Then we target 5% of computers, give it a few weeks. Then we add another 10% of the computers, give it a few weeks. Then a few more incremental increases in targeted computers, until all computers have the update.

I totally understand the process, and I get that @JeepCares has a customer service role. I'm sure she has passed our input to their Engineering group. If you guys didn't know, Jeep now offers Gorilla Glass for $95 on new builds, pretty sure our input and @JeepCares's passing the word along helped get that to happen. :)

I'm anxious to get all the updates. After spending all of June traveling across the country getting BOHs, there were several situations where backing up became pucker moments. LOL

https://donmontalvo.com/2021/06/
I get what you’re saying. By no means do I encourage releasing it to everyone at the same time. If what @JbuckTN says holds true then those of us with application version 39.3 will have to wait for the dealer to get the update, take our Jeep to the dealer and have them install it. As of last week my dealer wasn’t even aware there was a backup camera issue. While there are some getting the updates now, we may have to wait until dealers get their heads out of their 4th POC to undork something that could have been fixed without them. I’m not holding my breath it will happen this year if I have to wait for the dealer.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I get what you’re saying. By no means do I encourage releasing it to everyone at the same time. If what @JbuckTN says holds true then those of us with application version 39.3 will have to wait for the dealer to get the update, take our Jeep to the dealer and have them install it. As of last week my dealer wasn’t even aware there was a backup camera issue. While there are some getting the updates now, we may have to wait until dealers get their heads out of their 4th POC to undork something that could have been fixed without them. I’m not holding my breath it will happen this year if I have to wait for the dealer.
i still want @JeepCares to rattle the engineering team’s cage with some urgency. :)

Sponsored

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
KUDOS Jeep Cares
Picked up my new JLUR Monday with working camera lines. Quit working when I got home. Haven’t worked all week. Received update last night. Have worked all day!🤞

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
KUDOS Jeep Cares
Picked up my new JLUR Monday with working camera lines. Quit working when I got home. Haven’t worked all week. Received update last night. Have worked all day!🤞

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I have a Jeep Cares case #, but no recent communication and no update. Still have the guidelines about 25% of the time and I'm growing impatient.