garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
. . . " My fiancé is ever so embarrassed . . ."
You might want to rethink that whole marriage thing!!

G. ;)
Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I always back in to a parking spot or pull through to the second row so I'm facing forward. It's far more safer to do so. I also back in to my garage cause I can leave quicker if needed.

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I live in Japan where everyone backs in, it's just the way it is over here. When we get new Americans coming over, they pull in head first, needing multiple tries to get straight, and because of the tight parking often can't get back out without a 7 point turn. Even then, they bang their front quarter a lot.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
My advice to agencies is to first rely on pull-through parking. That’s when a driver locates two empty spaces, and drives through one space before parking in the other. This way, the vehicle both enters and exits the parking space without ever backing up. In the absence of pull-through parking, then backing in upon arrival is the next best thing. Again, the driver has no better sense of the surroundings for accomplishing this task then upon their immediate arrival. Backing up upon departure poses hazards because the driver now has a limited view of his or her surroundings and it requires literally pushing a vehicle into the traffic lane without the luxury of adequate vision, particularly since the driver’s compartment is now at the front of that parking space. Pulling face-forward into a parking space is highly disfavored and discouraged.
That's illegal in some areas, at least around where I live. A cop scolded my daughter one time about doing it, although he didn't issue her a ticket.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I have driven many lowered sports cars so backing into the parking space is a must when there is a concrete curb there because the back end is usually higher so there is no chance of scraping like there is of the front bumper or lip. On the Jeep though I can do both, but I guess it depends on where I am at in the parking lot because either way I want the front facing the store I’m going into. I do prefer to back into the spot though.

Sponsored

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
But who backs in to their garage? I don’t, but my neighbor does and I find it strange. Besides being unnecessarily difficult, you’re filling the garage with exhaust.

In parking lots I pull in unless I’m driving my wife’s Yukon XL. The Yukon is sooooo long; backing in is easier and pulling back out is much safer. My 2dr Jeep is easier to just pull in.
Always back into my driveway and garage. Weather I am outside or inside the garage I can easily access the back to load or unload things, I don’t need access to the front of my Jeep, the back is the business end. And for those of us that frequently back into garages and spaces, with practice it takes less time for me to back into a spot than it does for some of these people to ssslllloooowwwwllllyyyyy back out of a parking lot spot.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Some places, like here in Alberta, do not have a front license plate, which does make vehicles look better. One issue Is that many parking lots use plate scanners to check to see if you have paid, so they do not allow you to back in (as your plate is hidden). Makes all of the truck guys mad ...

fastone

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I back into most parking spaces, and always back our cars into our garage.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
I always back into my spots.

I rather deal with reversing into static objects (parked cars while going in) than reversing into dynamic ones (traffic, etc… while coming out)

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If you park backed in at my work you get a ticket from the parking police. “Head in parking only”

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
But who backs in to their garage? I don’t, but my neighbor does and I find it strange. Besides being unnecessarily difficult, you’re filling the garage with exhaust.

In parking lots I pull in unless I’m driving my wife’s Yukon XL. The Yukon is sooooo long; backing in is easier and pulling back out is much safer. My 2dr Jeep is easier to just pull in.
I back into my garage. but then i leave the door open for a while. and sometimes more often then not i smokke a cigar in their. so, a little exhaust isnt to bad lol.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
95% of the time i back into any spots. even my driveway. its easier and safer to see whats around you when you are pulling out. if you think about it, 1/2 to 3/4 of you vehicle is out of a spot before you have complete view of your surrounding when you are backing out of a spot. to me it second nature to backing in a spot. plus i have to do t with my work truck.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I always back into spots. It’s a great habit. This is also very important thing to do when going for a hike or parking in the mountains. Leads to fast escape if a fire is to break out or a natural disaster happens. It’s easier to pull out with full visual than to fight everyone around you trying to back up.

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
My wife always gave me grief about backing into parking spaces until she took a driver safety class at work (her company mandates backing parking in their vehicles)

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
With the Jeep it really doesn't matter. The crew cab truck goes in nose first. How else is anyone going to bash a shin on my trailer hitch? The front/rear dash cam was a great investment. :giggle:
Sponsored