Sponsored

t3aztec

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
So I just installed the aux switches and enabled them with my tuner. The aux switches menu is showing up in the settings tab, but the switaches themselves aren't working.

Does the jeep need to go through some cycling before the switches start working? I've got something connected on the 1st and 2nd wire.

I've double checked the connections, the re-pinned orange wire and the power and grounds and everything seems fine. No error lights when I power on the jeep.
Did you need a new wiring harness or are the wires already there? What did you buy actually?

OP
OP

tiltz

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru STI
The aux kit came with everything needed for install. It comes with the harness and relay pack.

Bragz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu
Latest Superchip Flashcal update has the Aux switch activation. As screen says on Flashcal cycle several times , by activating option 2 to 3 times for it to work. No need to take it to the dealership to have it flashed or sales code added.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Latest Superchip Flashcal update has the Aux switch activation. As screen says on Flashcal cycle several times , by activating option 2 to 3 times for it to work. No need to take it to the dealership to have it flashed or sales code added.
I see there are two versions of flashcards, one is $250 Superchips 3571-JL, the other one is almost $500. Do you know if I can use the $250 one to enable aux?
Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

tiltz

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru STI
The less expensive one should do the trick. The other one has engine tuning

Reactions: zyt

Bragz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu
The 3571-JL for $250.00 is the one you want. that is what I use on my JL to activate DRL on my Rubicon fenders and the AUX switch's. Its great because I got rid of that stupid seatbelt chime ding too. The AUX switch's show up on your UCONNECT 8.4 screen too so I can change how the switches work from latched to momentary. The more pricey one is for tuning where you have to swap the PCM to enable a custom engine tune .Download the update agent as the instructions tell you too in the package. The newest update has the AUX switches enabled.

Last edited:

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
The 3571-JL for $250.00 is the one you want. that is what I use on my JL to activate DRL on my Rubicon fenders and the AUX switch's. Its great because I got rid of that stupid seatbelt chime ding too. The AUX switch's show up on your UCONNECT 8.4 screen too so I can change how the switches work from latched to momentary. The more pricey one is for tuning where you have to swap the PCM to enable a custom engine tune .Download the update agent as the instructions tell you too in the package. The newest update has the AUX switches enabled.
Good to hear and thank you both! As always, the forum and forum members rock!

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Good to hear and thank you both! As always, the forum and forum members rock!
stay away from superchips!!! I have one and deeply regret not going with tazer instead. They may get your aux switches to work but so does tazer. The flashcal has my Auto headlights all messed up right now and customer service has been zero help. Also I have the rubicon led fenders and the flashcal will not turn on the drls as advertised.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I just installed my AUX switches and also have the issue of them showing up in the RADIO but not actually working. I still need to go back and look at wires again but by 2 to 3 times does that mean activate, de activate and activate again multiple times or what. This really sucks and honestly I hope I just missed a wire instead of this Flashcal not actually working. I just did the Flashcal update but mine already had that option of enabling aux switches so we'll see.

Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I just installed my AUX switches and also have the issue of them showing up in the RADIO but not actually working. I still need to go back and look at wires again but by 2 to 3 times does that mean activate, de activate and activate again multiple times or what. This really sucks and honestly I hope I just missed a wire instead of this Flashcal not actually working. I just did the Flashcal update but mine already had that option of enabling aux switches so we'll see.
Sorry to hear. Please keep us posted once you have this figured out. I've seen quite a few people having fuse or pin wire connection issues. Do you see indicator lights on those switches when pushed in?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear. Please keep us posted once you have this figured out. I've seen quite a few people having fuse or pin wire connection issues. Do you see indicator lights on those switches when pushed in?
No lights come on at all. I'm starting to think its the orange wire you have to splice into the main harness. I noticed it didn't make good contact. I may actually just bypass and wire it together and solder it. If that doesn't work then I dont know what else it could be. Since I used Electrical tape on the harness to pass it through the firewall the tape gunk may have gotten on some contacts.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
No lights come on at all. I'm starting to think its the orange wire you have to splice into the main harness. I noticed it didn't make good contact. I may actually just bypass and wire it together and solder it. If that doesn't work then I dont know what else it could be. Since I used Electrical tape on the harness to pass it through the firewall the tape gunk may have gotten on some contacts.
Have you checked the 5th fuse in this aux kit? It is a inline fuse next to the battery.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
Have you checked the 5th fuse in this aux kit? It is a inline fuse next to the battery.
Yup. It looks good. I'll replace it anyway just to be sure.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
I’m so happy. It was just the plug that goes to switch panel not pushed in all the way.
Sponsored

Reactions: zyt