Link
Y’all crack me up.
Sponsored

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Yes up only. So if you are on preset 2 and need to get to 1 just hit it 11 times.
You can start back at the 1st preset if you click the top or bottom buttons once, which put you at the next channel up/down from a preset. Then hit the center preset button and it will start you back at the 1st preset. Not elegant but it shortens getting to presets. If you find that you are using presets 6+ more than the 1st 5 presets it might help to reorder the presets.

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
Wow, I've had the setup on four vehicles and never thought of any of the problems you guys are having. lol

Back in the day I had to crank my windows up and down and turn a knob to find a decent station. I think the buttons on my steering wheel that control the 400 channels of CD quality music work just fine. :LOL:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It would have been nice if Jeep allowed us to swap the left and right hand controls. Mine has a manual transmission and there have been times where I was busy shifting and would like to have reduced the audio volume but both required my right hand.
I have wished for this since I first drove my JK before this JL. It makes no sense to have the volume on the right behind the wheel, when it is just a few inches from the actual radio knob. And as you pointed out, it is unusable when shifting gears. These have been many times when downshifting because I am slowing down, that I also need to reduce the volume.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe switching the left and right fingertip functions can be the next addition to the Tazer?

Jmscrttndn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
On my last vehicle, there were modules that you could buy that plug into the car (like an OBD reader) and make all sorts of custom adjustments. It would allow you to get deep into the options of the vehicle and assign new functions to certain buttons... but mostly it was used for things like (example): when hitting the power off button, all windows automatically roll up.

Is there any such device for the JL, and would it allow sufficient customization to reassign the steering wheel buttons for a better experience?

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
You can start back at the 1st preset if you click the top or bottom buttons once, which put you at the next channel up/down from a preset. Then hit the center preset button and it will start you back at the 1st preset. Not elegant but it shortens getting to presets. If you find that you are using presets 6+ more than the 1st 5 presets it might help to reorder the presets.
You guys are using them all wrong. :) I get so many more presets by using them to go to ranges. And yes, if you are not on a preset, hitting the center button takes you back to your first preset. So for me, that is Ch 2. Then the next button programmed is 7, then 10. I like all the decade stations, so for me, I will press center button to go from 2 to 7, then use the up button to go 8, 9, 10, then on 10, hitting the center button then jumps to 15, then I use the up arrow to do 16, 17, then center button to jump to 25.

My only issue is that the radio records all you presets from the time your radio is turned on (on the 8.4), and using my method above records a couple stations I might not rewind as much. :) But that is a real 1st world problem, and having that feature far out weighs any cons. Oh and on replay, the up down buttons should change to "jump forward/back". :)

Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
You guys are using them all wrong. :) I get so many more presets by using them to go to ranges. And yes, if you are not on a preset, hitting the center button takes you back to your first preset. So for me, that is Ch 2. Then the next button programmed is 7, then 10. I like all the decade stations, so for me, I will press center button to go from 2 to 7, then use the up button to go 8, 9, 10, then on 10, hitting the center button then jumps to 15, then I use the up arrow to do 16, 17, then center button to jump to 25.

My only issue is that the radio records all you presets from the time your radio is turned on (on the 8.4), and using my method above records a couple stations I might not rewind as much. :) But that is a real 1st world problem, and having that feature far out weighs any cons. Oh and on replay, the up down buttons should change to "jump forward/back". :)
Yeah, I used this workaround when I had SXM in my truck. I have the free trial in the Jeep right now and don't even listen to that.

Gdfein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR owner in waiting
Other than @MacombRoger suggested approach is there anyway to unlock more than 12 presets per band (AM/FM/SXM)?

IMHO AM is useless waste of 12 slots and FM maybe only 3or4 stations I listen too but as a 10y SXM subscriber, I regularly have 25 satellite stations I rotate thru (music/sports/news).
Sponsored