First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Another install question: when I removed the plastic posts in the front floor pan that attach the mats, it leaves a small stud exposed that the plastic posts screw down onto. The stud is small and pointy. Won’t this poke through the Armorlite floor?

B4C9DFC4-CA90-4DE6-9200-9589B07DA192.jpeg
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Another install question: when I removed the plastic posts in the front floor pan that attach the mats, it leaves a small stud exposed that the plastic posts screw down onto. The stud is small and pointy. Won’t this poke through the Armorlite floor?

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System B4C9DFC4-CA90-4DE6-9200-9589B07DA192
That's the gist from the reading so far. No going back.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System B4C9DFC4-CA90-4DE6-9200-9589B07DA192
As far as I can tell from the instructions that is how it is supposed to be.

Did you get yours finished? I got hacked off at getting the trim back on, will mess with it tomorrow. Too damn hot in Houston.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Did you use the floor mat clips to snap it in? It doesn’t seem like the ones holding the carpet will go through the holes they drilled.
Used the carpet ones, here are some pictures. The smaller holes in the Armorlite look good with just the back side of the carpet clip. Don't need the front piece. Looks factory finished this way.

I also used a couple in the back.

20210627_100857.jpg

20210627_100907.jpg

20210627_100915.jpg

20210627_101134.jpg

20210627_101159.jpg

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Used the carpet ones, here are some pictures. The smaller holes in the Armorlite look good with just the back side of the carpet clip. Don't need the front piece. Looks factory finished this way.

I also used a couple in the back.
Thanks, I will give it another go. It does look really good. Those things are a pain to pry apart…

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Thanks, I will give it another go. It does look really good. Those things are a pain to pry apart…
Yes they are, I used one of those pry tools that come with the no-mar trim kits on Amazon. I have e a couple so I actually used 2 probably could use 1 and a screwdriver. I wasn't very excited about the holes being "unfinished".

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 20210627_101159
It is designed to go over those, it wont poke through.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 5NT41TX7AA-3-TOP

https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Jee...iUuvfI6oumEC5qaVXHu830luyY4gl_GoaAp3LEALw_wcB

You can buy them from mopar or on amazon and ebay. You only need the outer part as it is the one that clips on the stud. The inner part is to hold it on to the floor during installation at the factory.
Will try just the top part, I was trying to use the whole assembly.

Very happy with it so far, although I think it is a little thick in a couple of places like the rear seat trim or the console. I had to push the console down while the wife put the bolts back in.

It actually made a pretty noticeable difference on the sound level inside the cabin, which I know you guys advertise but to be honest I wasn't expecting much. Mostly bought it for ease of cleaning up sand and such.

Sponsored

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Will try just the top part, I was trying to use the whole assembly.

Very happy with it so far, although I think it is a little thick in a couple of places like the rear seat trim or the console. I had to push the console down while the wife put the bolts back in.

It actually made a pretty noticeable difference on the sound level inside the cabin, which I know you guys advertise but to be honest I wasn't expecting much. Mostly bought it for ease of cleaning up sand and such.
The back side worked better on the ones that the front piece won't fit on.

@Armorlite should include them with the kit ;-)

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The back side worked better on the ones that the front piece won't fit on.

@Armorlite should include them with the kit ;-)
Lol, definitely.

I finally got hacked trying to break the old ones apart (one snapped) and just called the dealer. Supposedly they'll have them for me in the AM.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Lol, definitely.

I finally got hacked trying to break the old ones apart (one snapped) and just called the dealer. Supposedly they'll have them for me in the AM.
The ones
Lol, definitely.

Sorry to hear that mine were a pain but after one I kinda got the process down. Hope it works out for you.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Sure thing, if you decide to order what we have, we make a point to email customers who bought those portions and offer a discount for the rear section when it comes out. We are working on the JK cargo right now then will do the JL cargo next. But either way we hope to get your business.
Good day, just following up on the progress of the cargo area for the 4 door?

Thank you.
Sponsored