Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
So I went and checked it out in person. The Armorlite flooring replacement is very nice. So nice, I ordered a set through Allpro Automo..

I am also putting down the sound deading material too, just like in the video I posted.

The owners name is Ken and he is a true Jeep enthusiast. If you check his Youtube channel, you will see that he also Jeeps all over the place.

His business has a 4.8 google rating. While his web site needs an update, give him a call. He also deals in Rusty Off Road products.

https://apalansing.com
Im skipping the sound deadening. As thick as armorlite is, that seems like more than i need and the tar/butyl is a pain to remove later. Not a knock on other choices just not for me.

Advertisement

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20210511_131626.jpg

Not a fan of the stress gaps created by the thickness.. May want to use thinner insulation where it goes under trim, have checked and rechecked the cause of tenstion is flooring thickness from what i can tell.

Low_Spark

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKULHR
20210511_131626.jpg

Not a fan of the stress gaps created by the thickness.. May want to use thinner insulation where it goes under trim, have checked and rechecked the cause of tenstion is flooring thickness from what i can tell.
While not ideal, how feasible is it to shave off a little bit of the insulation where it slides under the panel?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I ordered the Armorlite system for the front and rear floor area on Monday. Received it today. Hell that's better than Amazon Prime lately.

1620854557995.png

My bud and I will be installing it on Thursday morning. I am also putting sound deadening material down and plan to trim, the Jeep plastic trim so that it will fit with the thicker material added.

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Armorlite system for the front and rear floor area on Monday. Received it today. Hell that's better than Amazon Prime lately.

1620854557995.png

My bud and I will be installing it on Thursday morning. I am also putting sound deadening material down and plan to trim, the Jeep plastic trim so that it will fit with the thicker material added.
Yes, trim or something. Panels under the door jams popped loose snapping multiple clips on the wire troughs. In hindsite I should have done similar or shaved insulation off the edges.

Advertisement

Quadratec

Advertisement